News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Slightly off topic but curious

Started by isabelladangelo, March 16, 2010, 05:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabelladangelo

Why is the MDRF listed as in the "northeast"?   Although I know all the yankees invaded and never left, Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon line.    ;)  Shouldn't it be part of the southeast since that's where it is considered to be geographically?

In other news:   Does anyone know what's up with the MDRF official website?   I've tried to access it for about a week and it's pretty much a blank page.   It looks like someone had a bit too much fun with some sort of HTML/XML generator and never went back to fix it -instead, they just deleted everything other than the graphics!

isabelladangelo

It looks like someone fixed the site today.  Woohoo!   Although the map that showed the layout of the faire is no longer up.    :(

Amras Elfwine

Speaking as a native Floridian who is now a Marylander, MDRF is right where it should be...

Then again, in Florida, we thought of Atlanta as being "way up north"...

Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

daniel paul

well my guess would be sine everything from DC to boston is refered to by business folk as "the north east corridor" could be a reason for that description. just a guess tho.