News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Forum Meetup

Started by The Lady Mercedes, March 20, 2010, 05:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

Woot woot-I'm loving our small yet motley crew lol! No idea as of yet what day I'll be there but when I do I'll be sure to post it...
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Oriennightwatcher

I hope I will get to go this season 2010 it will be my 3rd season!!! And as long as I have my trusty man who braves pushing me in my wheelchair. I am not as cool as the others with powered wheels! I think it would be loads of fun to meet people who are locals or not that will be at RPFSC... I think I did the abbrev. correctly... hee hee... Plus I am hoping to talk to some people about performance for musicians and picking their brains on how they decide what songs they use!

Lady Deborah

Lord Michael and I shall be arriving via flying dragon from Indiana, where our home faire is Michigan Ren Fest. We will be at your faire the first weekend in May.  We look forward to meeting many of you, and would love to know your favorite musical acts at the faire! We already love Owain Phyfe from our faire in Michigan, what else do you recommend?  So excited, this is also our honeymoon!

Carl Heinz

Hope you're able to take advantage of the Double Tree deal RPFS has.  It runs a shuttle to the site.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Baron Dacre

Orange and Green costume. Black hat, reading poetry, usually in the vicinity of the Queen. Best times to find me are mornings (before 11) near the RenQuest area reciting poetry or lunch (noonish) at Glade.

Otherwise I'm busy coordinating stuff...
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Valknut

I'll be around very rarely this year, but I'm usually hanging around St. Jude's School of Fencing either working or goofing off.  I've only met 2 other folks from the RFDC forums over the past 6 years or so.  Anyhow...a meetup could be fun.
In the 19th century the problem was that God is dead. In the 20th century the problem is that man is dead. - Erich Fromm

Luciana

It will be fun. I'll try to be there during the opening weekend.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Annastina

My girls and I are going, but no one can decide on a date.  It seems no matter what day we pick, someone has the "but I can't go THAT weekend".  Since we are coming from San Diego, it does take some coordination.  Fortunately we can stay at my parents 5 miles south of Faire.

Right now, we are leaning toward May Day - the first.  Provided we can make the Escondido Faire the weekend before.  ::)
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Blushing

I will be there - with bells on - both days the second weekend in May (that's May 8-9).  I hope to meet as many of you as possible.  My R/F pin lives on my hat, and I'll be spending time in the Friends of Faire garden when not out and about.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Carl Heinz

Herself should be sufficiently recovered from her appendectomy by then.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Becky10

Quote from: Carl Heinz on April 22, 2010, 06:48:41 PM
Herself should be sufficiently recovered from her appendectomy by then.

I am happy to hear that!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Becky10

So, I know this is a far stretch, but did anyone happen to pick up a plume of short gold roster feathers on saturday? Apparently it fell off of my hat.

Blushing

Did you ever find your feathers Becky?  (I know that sounds a bit odd ...)

Anyways ... I'll be at faire next weekend, May 8-9 ... I'll try to find as many of you as I can, or we can try to schedule a meet n greet of our own?
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Becky10

No i didn't, its okay though it luckily wasn't expensive I just have to go back to Micheals and see if they have some more of the feathers there.

I saw Davyes briefly while trying to find the rest of my people last weekend!

I have one more weekend of tickets to go, not sure if I will use them the 8th, 15th or 23rd, but if you see me in my gold and black give me a wave!

Valknut

Marvelous to meet another actual RF.com member in CA!  Thanks to Blushing for seeking me out and for the brief meet up.  I'll try to convince my booth mates to invade Colorado for rendezvous!

Cheers!
In the 19th century the problem was that God is dead. In the 20th century the problem is that man is dead. - Erich Fromm