News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ye Be Warned Says I! Pirate Weekend March 13 & 14

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, March 10, 2010, 07:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Fair Warning I give ta ye all ... The Ladies of the Salty Kiss be sailing into Port at the Four Winds Renaissance Festival on March 13 & 14.  Lock up yer menfolk, yer fine silver & gold, and break out the Rum!

Ye Be Warned ....

Captain Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Al-Nimer

Arrr!  We (meself, cabin boy & princess) be planning on sailing into port come Saturday!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Ronald the Bald

Saturday was the biggest crowd I have seen there. In addition to the locals the same people from Scarby I saw at Irish Fest and opening weekend of Sherwood were there.

The first joust of the day was the best I have seen there. I bought a new knife and some really inexpensive garb, plus a few other items you wouldn't normally expect to see at faire. (leather punch, buttons.) Also ordered some custom leather work.

The king and cast treated us like royalty. Must be because of all the musketeers in our group.

Al-Nimer

Just finished posting all my pictures from 3/13 here.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Craigmeister

What a great time I had at 4 Winds this weekend!  I appreciate this faire more w/ every visit.  It isn't commercialized & you can just walk up to anyone, cast or patron, and start talking to them.  Everyone treats you like a long-lost friend.  It reminds me of Stroud, Oklahoma's King Arthur Faire in that regard.  It was my favorite destination while it was open.

I was also able to buy a great bow with accessories & a long dagger at great bargain prices.  They were much less expensive than what I could find on the internet.  I also got to try out the bow & learned about how to keep it in good working order.  That's a lot more than I could say than w/ something that would have been shipped to me.

My visit to 4 Winds was definitely worth the trip!  (I still wish it were in Oklahoma.)

I'll have pix loaded in a week or so on my website:  www.meistersrealm.com
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dracconia

:D it was SO good to meet some of you, and I am sad to have missed those I missed :)

We did have a grand weekend and I hope that many of you will come back and visit soon!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Emerald Shaunassey

It was *so* good to see you all again; familiar friends and family and meeting new friends and family - as always it was a heart warming homecoming despite being bittersweet for us this season without Brother James there. 

Diamond and I enjoyed ourselves and wish we could be with you all through the rest of the run but, that just isn't to be, more's the pity. 

Perhaps if time and finances allow, you all can do a cast invasion of my Festival, the Missouri Renaissance Festival come July 24 & 25 in Neosho, MO.

Until next our paths cross...

Emerald

Erin Gu Brath!  Viva La France!
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.