News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vonlancelot

Started by Nailin, March 21, 2010, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailin

Anyone here ever ordered any of his stuff off of the ebay site? I was at BARF last weekend and saw one of his amazing creations in person - Wanted to know if anyone else out there had bought anything from him - I know it's not techionally HA but, his clothes are just fanstastic and would be something different to wear - http://stores.ebay.com/Cloak-Company
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Becky10

This  was on the list of trusted vendors

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=9744.30

by squiregaby
QuoteThe Cloak Company on Ebay....by VonLancelot.

I recieved a stunning new bodice on saturday!!  Absolutely gorgeous and fits like a dream!
VERY fast shipping rate....usually next day shipping.

Lady Raven
QuoteI'm in love with the Cloak Company by Von Lancelot, I have two corset,s a skirt and two capes from him, they are very nice quality and being on ebay they were a steal. I will warn though the boning in his corsets are plastic so they do not pull you in as tight.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Rani Zemirah

I have a cloak, and it's gorgeous.  Made of mid-weight suede fabric with a mid-weight satin lining, and I got it on eBay for $35. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

squiregaby

I will swear by him for like.....ever.  I absolutely LOVE his stuff.  I've got two cloaks, a bodice, and 3 corsets so far....and when I have money again I'm going back for more!
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Queen_of_Navarre

I love Von Lancoelot line. I have several cloaks and an absolutely lovely victorian gown. They ship quickly and their quality is wonderful.
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

gem

ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (I'd never heard of them until recently), but I thought I would point out that the experiences seem to be quite different over at the Wench's Guild.  Thread.

duffy

wife just tried her new Medieval Princess Tunic Gown purchased from them on today and it is beautiful. it is a cotton flax linen blend that really looks more like flax. she has some dresses from armstreet and it is of the same quality at about 1/4 the price. this is the one she has

CapnFayeCutler

I have one of his bodices and frankly I refuse to wear it again until I can get some GOOD boning sewn into it. The support is horrid for the well endowed lady and I'm afraid I'll mess it up w/out proper support.

I have the pirate bodice thingy with the sleeves. I don't wear the sleeves normally...don't like them. Without the sleeves I can wear a manshirt under it or a chemise and just wear it as a cuter lady waist-coat. Looks fab under my frock! :D Like I said just the boning is my issue...

Also the obvious ripping off of designs is irksome. Oh well, whatcha gonna do.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Renee Buchanan

I have not personally ordered from this vendor.  However, something I would like to point out is that, due to the volume he sells on Ebay, you will probably see several people wearing the same thing as you at faire.  I found that out when I bought my ill-fated Royal Coffers.  All of a sudden, I'd see 5 or 6 people wearing the same garb as me.

If that doesn't bother you, that is fine, but I really didn't like seeing so many cookie cutters of me!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Kate

I have personally seen Lady Raven's VonLancelot stuff and it is gorgeous!  I also saw one of his jacket designs at the St. Arrgustine Pirate Festival last fall.  Also beautiful.

I have one of his cloaks.  It is moleskin and sating and absolutely amazing.  I get tons of compliments anytime I wear it.

Unfortunately, as Lady Renee said, with the mass production, his items are becoming a lot like the Royal Coffers stuff.  EVERYONE has it.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

dragongirl

My problem with VonLancelot is that they are making cheaper "knock-offs" of Damsel in this Dress Bodices.  Check out her blog for several rants on the subject.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Ambrosine

I believe I was the creation you saw, Nailin. I've been very happy with my purchases and so far I have not seen anyone else at BARF with my corsets but we are a smaller faire. He does switch up the fabrics ever so often so it is possible to get things you will not see on everyone. I have not seen my style listed for over 2 months now.
I agree with what everyone states about the boning to be true. I will most likely be ripping it out and redoing myself because it does not give you the support of a true corset. But for the price I paid for it I do not mind having to take this extra step. I have had nothing but compliments when I have worn his pieces and if I had more money at the moment I would be buying more.

As far as him being cheaper "knock offs", I like the cut of his better then the Damsel in this Dress. And usually when I think of "knock offs" I think of poor construction. I have been pleasently pleased with all of his pieces regaurdless of them being mass produced. I am a seamstress as well and could easily make these myself but do not have time as I do have a full time job and two children, its nice to have an option of quality that I do not have to pay the price of my car payment to get!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Quote from: Lady Raven on March 24, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
I am a seamstress as well and could easily make these myself but do not have time as I do have a full time job and two children, its nice to have an option of quality that I do not have to pay the price of my car payment to get!

Being a seamstress myself, I would rather pay the price of a car payment for quality in garb that will last for many, many  years. I pay that alone in materials for my garb before I make the first cut. When people ask me how much for something of what I wear that I have designed and made, their jaws drop when I break it down. My garb is going on 7 and 8 years for some. 4 years for my Mary, Queen of Scots gown, which cost over $600 in materials alone! That does not count my Labor time of 156 hours from start to finish!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kate

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on March 24, 2010, 11:39:22 PM
Quote from: Lady Raven on March 24, 2010, 02:32:44 PM
I am a seamstress as well and could easily make these myself but do not have time as I do have a full time job and two children, its nice to have an option of quality that I do not have to pay the price of my car payment to get!

Being a seamstress myself, I would rather pay the price of a car payment for quality in garb that will last for many, many  years. I pay that alone in materials for my garb before I make the first cut. When people ask me how much for something of what I wear that I have designed and made, their jaws drop when I break it down. My garb is going on 7 and 8 years for some. 4 years for my Mary, Queen of Scots gown, which cost over $600 in materials alone! That does not count my Labor time of 156 hours from start to finish!!

Some of us don't have that kind of money, especially with single incomes.  That's fabulous that you can afford to do that, but the rest of us, who live paycheck to paycheck, must find alternatives.

The only thing attractive about Garb Snobs is their Garb...
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Rani Zemirah

Makes being a Gypsy rather more appealing when I can make due with things that don't require that sort of financial investment, but it's lovely to see the time, effort and expense that has gone into some of the garb we see at Faire. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede