News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vonlancelot

Started by Nailin, March 21, 2010, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnFayeCutler

Plus sometimes he has some listed w/Buy It Now.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I currently have a rediculously high bid on some fabric I need for an upcoming project, 9 yards of  Royal Blue Velveteen. I am the only one with bids at this juncture for an auction that ends tomorrow afternoon.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Nailin

Thanks for all the interesting feedback I really wanted to hear from people who had bought garb from him - I've been on this crazy quest to find unique and different things to wear at faire that fits within my budget - I've never seen anything like his designs and most of his garb is under 100$ - I love the over bust corset with tails and a hood - Thanks to my dearest friend for telling me about VonLancelot - It was great to get back in touch with you Lady Raven as I do adore your VonLancelot bodice - I did end up winning a chemise and I'm thrilled with it - Thanks!
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: squiregaby on March 29, 2010, 10:03:45 AM
there's a method to winning his auctions.  You actually have to be there when the auction is ending and outbid the top bidder at the last second.  Posting the max you're willing to spend at the very begining works too.  Auctions that end in the early morning hours or the afternoon hours are the easiest ones to win.

That's the only way I ever win any eBay auctions...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

arbcoind

I just bid on 2 leather corsets from Vonlancelot.  Thanks for the advice about last minute bidding. 

Gina

arbcoind

I bid on and won a Civil War gown.  The pic on ebay showed the gown with a large bow on the back.  When the gown arrived it did not have the bow.

I also bid on and won a corset with removable sleeves.  The pic on ebay showed the corset with buttons to attach the sleeves.  The corset arrived with no buttons.

I did leave negative feedback on these two items.  Otherwise the quality of the gown and corset are very good.

Gina

Pyrategurl

Ok, I have to jump in here as I could not resist. I make renaissance costumes and sell them on E-bay. Vonlancelot copied one of my designs as well. He has also copied quite a few other sellers on E-bay too. I go through his feedback quite often. He uses plastic boning and quite a few times he has sent a garment that has a zipper missing or buttons etc. There are quite a few that do not receive their garb and he will not answer their e-mails, or he makes them pay for return shipping. He also has a website outside of E-bay. The blogs from some of the customers are saying he does not send their items nor does he answer them. One person had her costume charged 3 times on the credit card and he will not answer her e-mails. People have tried to call him and the phone number listed is not correct.

I ship internationally quite often and I always mark the package as a gift so the customer will not get a large duty tax. He does not do that as he gets negatives about that too.

He made a victorian gown that was shown as brown in the picture. The customer got another color. I notice he does not list what color the costume is in his listings. He also makes you think that you are getting a shirt and a skirt from the picture and he does not tell you that you are bidding on the skirt only. His fabric is also cheap as I am sure his labor is too. They are very underhandedly sneaky.

Pyrategurl

wife just tried her new Medieval Princess Tunic Gown purchased from them on today and it is beautiful. it is a cotton flax linen blend that really looks more like flax. she has some dresses from armstreet and it is of the same quality at about 1/4 the price. this is the one she has
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was actually made by Armstreet first and Vonlancelot copied his design. Armstreet has been making this design for years, alot longer then I have been selling myself. Vonlancelot started out selling cloaks only. The first design he started to copy was Damsel in this dress. Then I noticed about 6 or 8 months ago he copied mine and many other sellers on E-bay. I have been selling my design for at least 4 years, he just started selling "my design" less then a year ago. He changes something minor or he add something so it does not look exactly like ours, but, it is pretty obvious.

arbcoind

I received the second corset I bid on and won from Vonlancelot.  The boning is plastic and it kinked while the corset was folded for shipment.  Is there a way to un-kink plastic boning?

I have to say the 3 items I purchased are well made and the fabrics are beautiful.  I decided not to return any of the items due to the negative feedback I read regarding returns to Vonlancelot.  I chose to provide negative feedback as well.

But all that said, I will not bid on any more items from Vonlancelot.

Gina

DonaCatalina

Quote from: arbcoind on April 28, 2010, 08:40:03 AM
I received the second corset I bid on and won from Vonlancelot.  The boning is plastic and it kinked while the corset was folded for shipment.  Is there a way to un-kink plastic boning?

But all that said, I will not bid on any more items from Vonlancelot.

Gina

Test iron the piece to make sure the fabric is not polyester. If its not you can hot iron out some of the kink.
But that is not a complete fix.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

Quote from: bran_gray on March 26, 2010, 06:06:29 PM
I support my vendors at the faires I attend...because without them where would I and these wonderful faires be without them?
Hopefully, the fairs in eastern Nebraska will get big enough to attract the professional Garb makers.
Since the demise of the Renaissance Faire of the Midlands, there have been no vendors other than the Mom and Pop variety.
  Not to be too hard on these folks, but their quality is generally poor and the selection is miserable.   Too often it's obvious they just threw together a few pieces themselves (a LOT of  bodices with no boning at all, and horrible fabrics) to sell to the mundanes, or they bought a crap load of what looks to be the less popular lines of Museum Reproduction Site clearance items for resale.
   I don't buy from Von Lancelot at all, but then I dont' trust any online site that doesn't use real models, and that includes little asian girls in blond wigs LOL.  I will save my ducats for Moresca or Likely Lotus.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

Quote from: arbcoind on April 23, 2010, 08:26:36 AM
I bid on and won a Civil War gown.  The pic on ebay showed the gown with a large bow on the back.  When the gown arrived it did not have the bow.
Try Recollections for Civil War/Victorian.  Cheap and VERY well made in the USA.
~Rowen
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

To unkink the plastic boning, try a hair dryer.  Blow the hot air on the kinked boning, and surrounding area.  When the plastic is pliable, set the garment down onto a flat surface and let it cool naturally.  You may need to repeat the process.

Additionally, a sunny day my help you!  Set the garment on the floor where the sun shines through the window.  Leave it.  Check it at sunset.  The heat from the sun may be enough to make the plastic boning pliable, and gravity will straighten it out. 

I have actually used both of these methods successfully with different hard plastic items.

Good luck!

arbcoind

I purchased a victorian gown from Recollections, it is beautiful.

Thanks to all who gave suggestions on how to un-kink plastic boning.  Upon further inspection, the boning is in the "tails" of the back of the corset.  I don't think the boning is necessary as this part of the corset is well below my waist.  I should hang straight over my butt and thighs, so I will remove the boning.  If I'm wrong, I will replace the boning.

PRF has only one supplier of corsets and bodices (medium quality).  So I'm pretty much forced to shop online.

Gina

gypsylakat

arbocind would you be opposed to showing pictures so we can see the bodice on real people?
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."