News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Minnesota Festival of Fairies

Started by saphire_glade, March 21, 2010, 10:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saphire_glade

They are so precious I was super happy to be able to visit with them yesterday and trade all the fairy trinkets  :D
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

DeadBishop

So how was the overall turnout?

R/F.com member since 2003

saphire_glade

It was pretty low people came in bunches inthe morning and dropped off. I had to leave a bit early due to needed to visit a baby... the baby needed fairy dusting :)
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

auntiegiggles

I think more people and vendors would have turned out if there hadn't been a wind advisory.  It was interesting walking around and seeing so many empty booths - at least half of the vendors were no shows.
:P

Everything goes better with giggles

LadyFae

I was shocked that for a fairy festival there really weren't any fairies there other than Jewel!  And you only just joined up a couple of months ago, didn't you?  This event COULD be a great one, if anyone actually knew about it!  I tried to get the word out on a few sites- MomsLikeMe.com for one (and I saw a few of my mom friends from there at the fairy fest so I know that it worked at least a little!)  Then after we left Giggles and I went to downtown Anoka for Diva Days and we told a LOT of people about it.  Not sure if any of them ended up attending but many said that they wish that they'd known about it.  Party Papers just recieved a huge shipment of kids fairy costumes- that would have been a GREAT booth to have at the fest!  We should really help figure out how to market this thing better- cause it could be, SHOULD be, a huge event!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Here are a few photos I have of the MN fairy festival.  Alora had a blast playing with the bubbles!

Everything goes better with giggles