News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

wonderful wares at Sherwood Forest

Started by ThreeAcreRanch Soaps, March 23, 2010, 05:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

WWIW are pretty, but not practical.  Every mug we've bought has cracked.  I no longer recommend them to anyone who plans to carry them around faire.  For a durable, stylish wood mug I now recommend Knarly Knot's mugs.

For something pretty to sit on a shelf or use on occasion in a safe environment, then I'll recommend WWIW.

And Knarly is at Sherwood.

Note: The poster has no affiliation with Knarly Knot other than being a very satisfied customer (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

LadyElizabeth

I also adore Knarly Knot's mugs!!   I have a gorgeous goblet from them that I have dropped on cement a few times without the slightest problem!  They do tons of custom work too with any woods you want, any design you want, any idea you might have, and all their products are insured by them to last and will be fixed if they don't!! 

I also don't work for them or have any affiliation with them either other than being a satisfied customer!!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

*Teach*

My next mug will be from Knarly Knot as well.
I do have to say though, the one I carry the most is from WWiW and I have had no troubles. The handle loosened a bit after the 3rd year of carrying it and I brought it to them. The next weekend it was repaired and as good as new.

*four years of rum toasts before having an issue aint bad in my book*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

mpullen

Also, in defense of Wonderous Works in Wood.

I have a mug I purchased 5 years ago at TRF. Last year it sprung a leak, possibly due to putting a hot drink in the mug. I brought the leaky mug to their shop at TRF on opening weekend and two weeks later, the repaired mug was ready at no cost. How many products have a 5 year warranty?

Justin

I'm a little disappointed that no one is selling storm trooper outfits at SWFF.

:p

*Teach*

And here is my favorite purchase for myself this year:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=875163&l=4dc1f1249e&id=1559636854
I freakin' love my war belt!
Bought at Chameleon Leather. Excellent prices there, I totally recommend his work!

*and look at all the places I can hang rum flasks from!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Sir Martin

That's an impressive looking belt, Teach!

KiltedPrivateer

And the antique shop is awesome too.  You can't beat the prices and rare stuff he has in there.  Picked up a lantern and tiki mask for our camp.  If I had more money I could see it all going to furniture from that shop.
Lover of Lady Kitara

knarlyknot

Hey KP, I love that store too!!  It has really interesting stuff.  The fudge place is also to die for, yummmmm.  I have been told that I need to buy a particular incense oil from a place on the same row as the antique store, sorry I don't know the name but will definitely check it out this weekend.  Angel's soaps are also heavenly.

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: knarlyknot on March 30, 2010, 10:49:27 AM
...I have been told that I need to buy a particular incense oil from a place on the same row as the antique store, sorry I don't know the name but will definitely check it out this weekend...

The incense may be from the shop that hosts the little garden gnomes.  I don't know the name either but I had stopped by there on Saturday looking for long sticks of incense.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any.  But they did have a lot of other incense products.  Its the shop that sits on a raised deck.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Queen Bonnie

Ananda traders is the shop. I LOVE their incense!
Don White creates the White Wizards at the same shop. They are at TRF also.
My wands staffs and crystals are at a shop called Medicine stones. Up by the maze- next to Dragon's food booth. Macushla who owns the shop is a crystal healer! Check it out! My wands are on sale.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!