News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Scarby Web Site?

Started by Love Good Wood, March 25, 2010, 09:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Good Wood

hoping it comes soon... we know they've been working on it, just wondering when it'll be up.

one thing I personally would love to see is an "Archive" section with old photos, faire map, merch and promotional material from begining till now. i was at Scarby opening year and when i see old photos it really brings back great memories (I always wanted to run off with the faire)... I know Moondawg has a great old Scarby Archive and i love that (I even found myself in one of the photos back in 85-86)

eloquentXI

Should be up by next week, I hope. Person in contact I have that was helping with it said last week but, you know how those things go...

I'm very excited to see it!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

captmarga

Yes, a new site is being worked on.  There are a LOT of old photos on one of the Facebook groups (Scarborough Alumni).

I'd love to see all the old photo archives back up, too, but I don't know that it's going to happen.

Capt. Marga
(aka Jofranka)
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Berit

They tell me that the new site will be up by tomorrow afternoon.  I am more than ready for that.

Sir Berit of Miller

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

squiregaby

Apparently not :( I just checked it :(  When IS tomorrow gonna be?  There's only one more week until Opening weekend....folks need to plan the acts they want to see :(...well except for me....I'll be seeing the joust....a lot
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Serk

Looks like it went live this morning, it's working for me at least ;)

http://www.srfestival.com/

Al-Nimer

I actually saw it up last night, so don't know why folks could not see it this AM.

3 "Huzzah!s" to the webmaster!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

angusmacinnes

I am sure I am in the minority but I really dont care much for the new site as it is right now. But then I am sure it is probably just me.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

squiregaby

I'm inclined to agree.....not really sure I like it
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

SirRichardBear

can't view it at work very well the old version of explorer looks fine from home
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Mikael

I personally like the old site much better.

Love Good Wood

the navigation is fine but overall look doesn't seem as polished as the previous site.

still no "achive" section... boohoo

Bonny Pearl

huh.... i just went to check it out and it looks the same as before....
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

julessweetie

K...I'm going to be POSITIVE!  lol  ;)  I love the new site!  If only because it's something new and it got me excited about heading to Scarby in 7 days!   ;D ;D ;D

Lady Kett

I like the new site. The navigation windows are easier to navigate - I always felt like I was "chasing" the old ones!

I miss the website links on the vendor names though. I hope that comes back!

lilaney

I am not liking the 'scrolling' menu that chases you down the page, while trying to
read the page itself.. I can't see around it.
The new site is less 'busy' and I am sure they are not done with it yet.

I like the new festival map, much more accurate.. but, where's the Maypole?

Casche

Is it just me, or is there no SAPA cast list on the new site?  That's disappointing...

Ronald the Bald

Those who see the old site, but not the new one please make sure you are looking at the new address. It changed. www.srfestival.com I think.

SirRichardBear

Lilaney had the same problem on my work computer with an old version of explorer but at home on an updated version no problem.  Not sure if they fixed it or it is a version problem  but I'm happy to see HC&M lecture is on the schedule and at our normal time and spot.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Bonny Pearl

the link must not have been updated when i looked.  i was at the office and googled the site then.  i see the new site now.  off to peruse.  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Casche on April 01, 2010, 12:27:42 PM
Is it just me, or is there no SAPA cast list on the new site?  That's disappointing...
You can still get to the old list here:  http://www.scarboroughrenfest.com/entert/cast.htm

I did a Google search for the old site, clicked on the cache link and it took me to the old site, where you can get to the old pages.  ;D

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 01, 2010, 09:21:07 AM
I like the new site. The navigation windows are easier to navigate - I always felt like I was "chasing" the old ones!

I miss the website links on the vendor names though. I hope that comes back!

It's still there on the old site here.

I agree, we really need a complete list (all vendors on one page) with links back to their web sites.

Nicolas-Antoine

I personally didn't care for the old site from a "paytron" stance. Way to much scrolling and looking around for things.

Your average user (aka paytron) hates clicking and scrolling to find something. The new site is much improved and looks designed to serve it's purpose... which is to attract paytons and get them information they need quickly and easily so they will some spend money at the faire. Best practices in a website design is the 3 click rule. "Users of a site will become frustrated and often leave if they cannot find the information within the three clicks".

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess