News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fox Tails, animal tails, and assorted pelts...

Started by Cloverpogue, May 08, 2008, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloverpogue

I know that this has been posted so much, and I am surprised that it hasn't been yet. So I will here if that's allright.

Preferences: real or faux;
Where to buy: where do you recommend purchasing such:

I am really wanting one, and I have seen several I liked on a couple of different sites and I need to dig up the links and post them here.
I want to purchase one at faire, but I know that they can be pricey and I'm afraid that once I get it, my luck, it would fall apart or get destroyed.

Are there any vendors that have sites for which to buy tails and the like?
~Clover~

~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

LadyOren

Try www.brettunsvillage.com  He has a wide assortment of tails and pelts at reasonable prices.  There's always ebay too.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

NoBill Lurker

The real thing for me. ;D

And where to get one?

Faire would be my choice, might be a bit pricey, but you get to look and handle your choice instead of hoping that the item matches the picture.

I know that I love my Chestnut horsetail !!!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

LadyOren

Hmmm guess I'm a contradiction on the term Tree hugger then.. :D  cause I want real fur and love steak, but hug trees  ;)
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

WindChime

I love my real fox tails.  I get the from the Viking Hoard at ORF. I have 2 silver fox tails , A solid black fox tail & a rainbow use to be white fox tail.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Once Debauched

If you want to get something locally you can check for local rendezvous (not to be confused with RENdezvous) and you should be able to inspect pelts in person before buying them.

I need a couple pelts for a sporran project I have in mind and the next big rendezvous around St. Louis is over Memorial Day weekend and I'm torn between that or faire.  What's a wench to do?!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

willin

Rena's Leather has Fox Tails $5 to $18  & can be found at

the Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota & Texas Renaissance Festivals

and her website. . .   http://www.renasleather.com/tails.html

GOT FEET ?

Aelwyn

I love Tundra Leather for furs, leathers, etc.  They have a good selection of coyote, fox and other tails at a reasonable price.  :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

beeboy