News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous Schedule, Meet and Greet, and Saturday night dinner information

Started by Blue66669, March 26, 2010, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Wherever it is, we'll try to be there Friday. Saturday depends on the volume of adult beverages consumed during the day!

Al-Nimer

Cowgrrl & I will try to be there Friday night.  My parents are coming in that evening to go to Faire with us Sat, so I doubt if we can make the Saturday dinner.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

LadyStitch

Bummer....  Just let us know where and the pink pirate and I will be there on Friday.  I am also sure there were informal meet and greet's at the hotels.  I don't think it will be difficult to spot the rennies around.  ;D   ::watches a hoop skirt go by and a guy with a bastard sword over his shoulder walk into a room::
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Bonny Pearl

Did you ladies figure out a venue for dinner on Friday?  :)

Just this last Saturday, a group of us attempted to dine at the Catfish Plantation.  We waited waaayyy to long and ended up calling Chili's and warning them they had a party of about 20 coming in five minutes.  This was at 9-ish...  Anyhow, they were able to get us seated within 15 minutes.  They serve dinner til midnight, so if y'all get stuck on finding a spot, Chili's might be the way to go.  They might very well accept a reservation if the party is more than 20 people.

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

*Teach*

As it stands right now, we may be able to make the Friday night mini-meet-n-greet.
Soooooo... if ya'll decide a place we will do our bestest to stop in.

*Preferably a place with rum if possible*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

raevyncait

I am sure that we will have a handful of our usual crowd at dinner on Saturday, and possibly a few on Friday night as well, depending on where it ends up.

Just an FYI, we arrived at Ryan's on Saturday night as quickly as we could after cannon, which amounted to right about 8 pm.  We knew that we were expecting at LEAST a dozen, possibly as many as 20, so we asked about the large, closed in room, which had clearly last had a LARGE party in it, though it had not been cleaned (nor had we seen anybody walk out the door in the 10 minutes or so that we waited on some more of our group to arrive before going inside), because the smaller of those rooms was about half full & there was no way to arrange for us to all be together.  The girl at the register asked the manager who was a complete and total weed puller about the situation and said quite rudely "HMPH! I JUST had a party of 40 leave that room a minute ago and I am TRYING to get both of those rooms closed down for the night! Let me see what I can do about putting you all together but not in one of the rooms." the girl at the register apologized for him being such a jerk and so rude. 10 minutes later, as we were all lined up, having paid and waiting for a seat, he came out in a huff and rudely said "There. 15 will fit there, and we'll just have to clean the other tables in the room while you are sitting in there!"

I do know that the small room has been reserved for a party on May 1st, which I will be included in, so I didn't get rude back with him, but I am working on an email to send to the corporate office relating the experience, and pointing out to them that the restaurant, in my experience, does a fairly brisk business on Saturdays in April & May, largely because of Scarby and he might want to not bite the hand that feeds him. 
At any rate, it might be a good idea to make a reservation with at least a rough count, sometime early in the week, so that it's on their books, and whoever is managing that night doesn't cop an attitude. 

*I will say that our server was great, and seemed interested in what we do at Scarby, etc. and really, the only evidence of Scarby was my t-shirt from several years back and the fact that I'd worn my bloomies instead of jeans... otherwise, everybody was in 'danes, so it's not like a bunch of folks in garb invaded.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Blue66669

I made a loose reservation with them a couple of months ago, so I think we'll be ok. As far as the Friday night gatheing is concerned, I'm currently looking at maybe a BBQ joint, as it would be something that is uniquely Texan and would allow for people with children to attend.

UPDATE:
Our new meet and greet location will be at Dickey's BBQ at 1009 Highway 77 North, Waxahachie, TX 75165 at 7pm. Unfortunately, this place does not serve alcohol, but I've heard it has pretty decent food. After the meet and greet, there will be an afterparty by the pool at the Super 8 on 35E near the faire. This will be BYOB, and we're welcome as long as we're mindful of the other guests at the hotel. If anyone has any questions, or other ideas, I'm open to hearing them at this point.

I apologize for the last minute change, but sometimes these things happen.
Blaidd Drwg

Aiacha

For anyone who is interested, see the attached map of the grounds with some meeting locations notated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Aiacha/festival-map_annotated.jpg

One more edit....I will have some of these printed out and will bring them Friday night as well as Saturday Morning.

[edit]The map is now connected. 

raevyncait

Quote from: blue66669 on April 12, 2010, 02:00:39 PM

UPDATE:
Our new meet and greet location will be at Dickey's BBQ at 1009 Highway 77 North, Waxahachie, TX 75165 at 7pm. Unfortunately, this place does not serve alcohol, but I've heard it has pretty decent food. After the meet and greet, there will be an afterparty by the pool at the Super 8 on 35E near the faire. This will be BYOB, and we're welcome as long as we're mindful of the other guests at the hotel. If anyone has any questions, or other ideas, I'm open to hearing them at this point.

I apologize for the last minute change, but sometimes these things happen.

Every Dickey's I've ever been to has been good.

As to the afterparty, OTHER GUESTS at the Super8? I kinda figured that faire folke had already filled the place up!  ;D
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Thomas Eagle

Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: raevyncait on April 12, 2010, 03:25:54 PM
As to the afterparty, OTHER GUESTS at the Super8? I kinda figured that faire folke had already filled the place up!  ;D

No kidding!  I would be very surprised if the entire place isn't booked by ren folk, r/fers or not.  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Lady Renee Buchanan

Awesome!  Thanks, ladies.  In one of my first posts, I mentioned I wanted dee-lish-us Texas BBQ.  And now the dinner is at a BBQ place.  Huzzah!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

lys1022

Quote from: Aiacha on April 12, 2010, 02:39:07 PM
For anyone who is interested, see the attached map of the grounds with some meeting locations notated.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Aiacha/festival-map_annotated.jpg

One more edit....I will have some of these printed out and will bring them Friday night as well as Saturday Morning.

One small correction:  The guided tours will start at the tree across from Gutenberg Press, which on the map is indicated by two trees on the RIGHT hand side as you come in the gate, not the left. :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Aiacha

Quote from: lys1022 on April 12, 2010, 07:37:09 PM
One small correction:  The guided tours will start at the tree across from Gutenberg Press, which on the map is indicated by two trees on the RIGHT hand side as you come in the gate, not the left. :)

Whoops!  Fixed at work, but I'll have to wait until I'm home to update the map.

ArielCallista

So t doesn't look like I'll be able to do friday night but I will absolutely be there by 8:30 saturday morning! and I'll be there all weekend...except for when I'm sleeping in denton...hotels cost more money than the gas to and from denton...lol
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.