News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos???

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, March 27, 2010, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I have only seen a few photos of AzRF and those came from a Colorado Playton visiting. Does AzRF not allow photographers in? I really wonder as I never see that many photos. If you have them... please post them as some of us are very hungery for faire and want to see and hope.

I guess when I have the money I will have to make a trip and bring my fairy box with me... unless they don't allow cameras in which almost seems like it is with so little to No photos of your faire.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

The Scotsquatch

Lots of people come in to the faire with cameras and take pictures...its just that there aren't a lot of RF forum members that attend the Arizona faire.  Just like all faires, there are some vendors that don't like their original art and creations photographed, but the faire itself allows and welcomes photography...its the same owner/promotor as the Carolina Renaissance Festival.

I brought my camera this morning and photographed our booth, and tomorrow I'll be bringing the camera before opening to take more pictures of the faire itself, so I'll be sure to post them...if I can figure out how...lol!

Kev

Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Norfolk

Hi, LD!  The Baroness and I didn't expect to run into you here on the AZ forum, of all places.

Looking for photos, are you?  Well, here you go:
http://www.renaissancefaire.net/20100214-Arizona/index.htm

Surf around a bit on this site and you might just see some familiar faces.
Just call me "Your Grace"

The Scotsquatch

Alright Baron...I just perused all the photos and the photographer REALLY needs a girlfriend...lol!  While I like belly dancers and all, could there have been more photos of the faire and less of the bellies?  Just teasing.  This was this year, right?  You have some shots of Barely Balanced, and I think it is thier first year here too.  Leave out shots next time of the weird geeky dude on your first page in the Miles Tonne vest...he's a more-than-mildly disturbing little stalker dude that goes way over the top flirting with the girls that work at Renfaire to the point that he makes them uncomfortable...odd bird that one.

The photography is beautiful nonetheless!  Nice to see the scenery you captured in the background!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Norfolk

Master Scotsquatch,

Alas, Sir, you misapprehend!  Nary a one of those portraits did I craft.  I happen to know that they were taken this year only because the Baroness and I happened to make the aquaintance of the (belly-fixated) artist in the course of our visit this Saint Valentine's last -- which we very thoroughly enjoyed. 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Here are some from the Nontourage visit Valentine's weekend.

Sorry they have not been tagged or edited so "Place Tag Here" :)

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks Baron

I know this guys work. He really does need a GF (Not that I really know) As he spends frame after frame after frame on Belly Dancing. To me there is only so much you can get with Belly dancing, but that is my view and a view from a female and NOT a male.

Since many male photographers love to photography the pretty girls and the cleavage, I think this year I will dedicate myself to shooting the guys and focus on the ones in tight tights and bare chests so us women can finally have our pretties to look at. :)

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

LD, are you trying to tell me there are MEN at renaissance festivals?  Strange that I've never noticed any.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

HAHAHA Baron. Are you saying You, Toki, Capt Spleen, Demetrius, the King, the Sheriff, the Prince (well maybe NOT the prince, he's more like a Princess wanna be) The Knights, Celtic Legacy, Capt Jack, Capt Joe McCool the former Capt, Professor, The Mayor, the Royal Guards And ALL the other men who show up at faire aren't REALLY men? Are they really hamsters?

DAMN, You burst my bubble. And here I thought I was looking at some fine looking gentlemen and not a bunch of rodents.
"The Metal Maiden"

Zoë

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 28, 2010, 10:36:11 PM
... the Prince (well maybe NOT the prince, he's more like a Princess wanna be)

Ahahahahaha...oh, I don't mean to laugh, but I must.  I truly appreciate that, more than anyone realizes I'm sure.  (Never fear, I'm bringing a real man to faire this season...might even get him in a kilt...)

I took some pictures of the faire last weekend when I visited, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere except on the Book of Face.  I'll get them into photobucket soon and provide a link.  
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

The Scotsquatch

Whew!  Someone else took the photos!  Excellent photography, but too focused on the non-period although hot belly dancers...lol!

The stalker dude came by the booth again today at the end of the day to flirt with Crystal, and I told him if he is going to stalk my employee, he has to do it with rake in hand to rake up the marshmallows...he laughed until I told him I was serious, then he left...lol!

They had a fire at faire this morning, but thanks to the INCREDIBLE local fire departments and the AWESOME faire staff here in Arizona, they had the fire out in no time and the faire actually opened with only a half hour delay!  Awesome and incredible!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on March 28, 2010, 10:36:11 PM
HAHAHA Baron. Are you saying You, Toki, Capt Spleen, Demetrius, the King, the Sheriff, the Prince (well maybe NOT the prince, he's more like a Princess wanna be) The Knights, Celtic Legacy, Capt Jack, Capt Joe McCool the former Capt, Professor, The Mayor, the Royal Guards And ALL the other men who show up at faire aren't REALLY men?

Of course not.  I'm simply saying that I'm too busy noticing the ladies to notice the men.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well I as a photog try to notice both. Besides I love to admire ALL of the clothing both male and female. So both give me the chance to see both. I see all the pretty ladies and all the handsome men. But I try to avoid TO many Belly Dancers. I leave that up to the guys who lack imagination.
"The Metal Maiden"

Marcos Charron

Yep

My dear wife has pointed out that i have a tendency to lean to the fair ladies when taking pictures. Of course, this year i took a well rounded batch as to appease the ladies in our troup.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Cerarienh

Ok I'm really slow . . . no new website up yet so I have all of my photos posted on my Facebook . . . under Cera Arienh.