News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is your home faire?

Started by SleepyArcher, March 28, 2010, 03:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

There are not many Knights at my home faire in Minnesota. It is a big reason I don't wear my Knight garb as mush as I should/could. So I thought maybe we could all post where our home faire is and when the faire is. This way if any of us wanted to travel and join fellow Knights we would know where to go and when. Who has a larger Knight gathering at their faire? Any of you interested in having a gathering spot every year for all of us Knights? Sort of like a RenDezvous?

Sleepyarcher                                MNRF                                   August-October
     Warrior Monk                                GARF                                   April-June
     Templar Jesse                               Florence, AL                          October
     Marcus of Ibelin                             Nebraska Ren Faire                May 1-2
                                                      Midwest Ren Faire                  May
                                                      KCRF                                   Sep-Oct
     Sir Micheal                                   Great Lakes Med. Faire           July-August
     Sir Samuel                                   Ohio Ren Faire
                                                      Castelteers Gatherings                      
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Well done Brother! GARF; Apr-Jun, and the single weekend festivals of GCRF: Pensacola or Mobile. I have stretched as far as the Carolina Renfest.

Just Jesse

I'd say mine is florence, the alabama in october, although i no longer crusade it... i pillage

Marcus of Ibelin

Its funny....I was thinking something similar just yesterday...Trying to pick a faire (it'd have to be next year 2011 for me, we have to bid our vacation a year in advance  :'(  )  that we could have a gathering of all the Brothers!

I have 3 "home" faires actually.  The Nebraska Ren Faire, the Midwest Ren Fest and the KC Ren Fest, though we only get to go a couple weekends to KC.
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

SirMichael

Hello my brothers,

My home faire is the Great lakes medieval Faire, near Cleveland Ohio. It is held each year in July & August. It is well attended by Knights and also has jousting.

Sir Michael

Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

Sir Samuel

My home Fair is the Ohio RenFest. Also I attend the Castleteers Gatherings at The Loveland Castle in Loveland Ohio. Tho this year I will be attending the TnRenFest if any brothers will be there for opening weekend I will be in the Order of Hospitillars.
Knight Templar
Knight of Malta
Knight of the Order of St. John
Castleteer
In God I (WE) Trust
Prince of the True Name
Defender of all Widows, Orphans and Damsels in Distress

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Templar Jesse on March 28, 2010, 07:00:54 PM
I'd say mine is florence, the alabama in october, although i no longer crusade it... i pillage

Vos have exerceo vestri bene of " ego expulsion " ex Ordo.

Marcus of Ibelin

For the list you have going.....  The Nebraska Faire is May 1-2.  The Midwest Ren Fest is Memorial Day weekend, May 29-31.  The KCRF runs from the first weekend of September to the third weekend of October...with 3 day weekends on Labor Day and Columbus Day. 

And never fear, Templar Jesse....I too tend to pillage at KCRF myself.
Be without Fear in the face of Your Enemy
Be Brave and Upright
Speak Truth
Safeguard the Helpless
That is Your Oath

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Sir William Marcus

Myself & fra Josef von Lamars home faire is Fishers located in central Indiana. We also lay claim to Ohio & Kentucky as they are in close proximity

Let it be known..

Excellent editing frere Cliff de Beaumanoir!
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

SirMichael

Greetings my Brothers,

I bring news from the Great Lakes Medieval Faire....the cast for 2010 was announced over the weekend. It looks like the theme this year is Ivanhoe. Part of the cast is a group of Templers. Grand Master Lucus  Beaumanior will be one of the actors. I will keep thee all posted as I find out more information.

Cast Info...Templars and Clergy
Sir Brian DeBois-Guilbert-Templar Patrick Collands
Grand Master Lucas Beaumanoir-Templar Danny Young
Prior Aymer or Jorveaulx – Zach Brock
Frair Staunch Joe Danko
Sister Mary Michael Grace Elliot
Sister Mary Margaret Emily McGlawn

Dues Lo Vult...

Sir Michael of Mentor
Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

You must capture this visually!!!!!!  Deus vult!

Lady Kett

Hello Sir Knights!

Do any of you hail from Scarborough? Or plan to make Rendezvous this month?

I would absolutely love to meet all of you should the opportunity arise! The Home Faire listing is quite handy for planning out of town Faire excursions! :)

Lord Magnus

My home faire is Bristol, however my second would be St. Louis. (been going there from its very first opening year) and now after visiting Fishers for two seasons, I'd like to add that one as well. I do visit Michigan ( Holly), and Ohio on a regular basis. Im going to attempt to make it back to Great Lakes again (loved that faire!).
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".