News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Now What?

Started by Kate, March 29, 2010, 10:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Now that BARF is over what do you have planned?

Traveling to other faires? Random garb parties? Sitting iun the parking lot tailgating even though faire is over for the year? :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Molden

Go to RenDezvous at Scarby - Of Course!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Squire Mickey

And then there be Scurvy Awareness Day and the Scurvy Prevention Party on May 2nd!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

eloquentXI

You should travel to Texas and come and see me...preferably for Rendezvous, but there are seven other weekends, and I'll be out for five of them.... hint hint...  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Welsh Wench

I become me again.

I like me.
I like my outside interests and I plan to get a few more of them.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Molden

Quote from: Welsh Wench on March 29, 2010, 07:41:06 PM
I become me again.

I like me.
I like my outside interests and I plan to get a few more of them.

*stands and applauses...LOUDLY!*

Well said Wenchie!  :D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Ambrosine

Is Scurvy awareness day kid friendly at all??
May 2ND is Aidan and David's birthday. We would love to join in the fun but alas, if it is not kid friendly we are not going to leave the wee one on his birthday.

ALSO , their birthday party will be on May 1st at our house in Land O Lakes. Even though there will be kids in attendance there will not be many, typically only the family kids, my two nieces, my co workers two sons and my kids a few other tag alongs may show but again not many. The rest will be adults. I plan to make it a full blown pirate party. We would love our Festival friends to join in and hey, it gives you another day to dress up! Presents are not necessary just bring your drinks of choice! Your company would a gift in its self.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Kate

Quote from: Lady Raven on March 30, 2010, 08:54:50 AM
Is Scurvy awareness day kid friendly at all??
May 2ND is Aidan and David's birthday. We would love to join in the fun but alas, if it is not kid friendly we are not going to leave the wee one on his birthday.

ALSO , their birthday party will be on May 1st at our house in Land O Lakes. Even though there will be kids in attendance there will not be many, typically only the family kids, my two nieces, my co workers two sons and my kids a few other tag alongs may show but again not many. The rest will be adults. I plan to make it a full blown pirate party. We would love our Festival friends to join in and hey, it gives you another day to dress up! Presents are not necessary just bring your drinks of choice! Your company would a gift in its self.

Most of Scurvy Day takes place in the bars of John's Pass, so not so much.  Get a babysitter the weekend of June 11-13 for John Levique Days!  :)

I will do my very best to be there on May 1st!  Your kids are fabulous and the Ella hugs made my weekend!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Bud of the Shire

It's not Faire but I believe it's up everyone's alley.  Jimmy Buffett will be in town the weekend of the 24th (April).  You don't need tickets for the show (up to 30% of the crowd don't), just show up ($5.00 for parking if you don't have a ticket), and tailgate with us!  We'll be setting up at about 10:30 a.m., the grills will be burning, the blenders will be spinning, and Trixie will be flying    With her flying from the pontoon it would be hard to miss us! Just bring your cooler of food and beverages of choice.  There will be plenty of blenders running!
Second to everyone at the Faire, it IS THE BEST tailgate crowd you'll ever be with! 

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee70/npcparrotheads/Buffett%2009/
Lookout/Sniper of The Harbinger
AKA Scrumptious M'Crack

Celtic_Fae

I won't make a big deal out of it on this forum, since it has its own thread in the "Smaller Southern Faires" forum, but the Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival will be opening in December 2010.

Kate

Quote from: Bud of the Shire on March 30, 2010, 05:23:50 PM
It's not Faire but I believe it's up everyone's alley.  Jimmy Buffett will be in town the weekend of the 24th (April).  You don't need tickets for the show (up to 30% of the crowd don't), just show up ($5.00 for parking if you don't have a ticket), and tailgate with us!  We'll be setting up at about 10:30 a.m., the grills will be burning, the blenders will be spinning, and Trixie will be flying    With her flying from the pontoon it would be hard to miss us! Just bring your cooler of food and beverages of choice.  There will be plenty of blenders running!
Second to everyone at the Faire, it IS THE BEST tailgate crowd you'll ever be with! 

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee70/npcparrotheads/Buffett%2009/

Looks like fun!  May hafta do that!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Esperanza McDaniels

Maybe we can just all get together in someone's back yard every weekend and wear our garb and drink.  LOL.  Sounds like a party to me.  ;D
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Ambrosine

I'VE GOT A YARD!!! now who wants to mow it??

Ambrosine

OK so I'm looking up the info for JOHN LEVIQUE PIRATE DAYS June 11-13, 2010.

So do people plan on staying over for the entire weekend? I'm guessing again not something I should bring the kids to so I'm trying to plan now. Ella I can get to stay with her mom for the weekend but I will have to get my parents to agree to take Aidan for a whole weekend. AND I have to get the request to have work off.

Anyone who is planning to stay down there, does anyone want to get a group and get a suit? I'm seeing places that have two bedrooms and a pull out couchs so  if people do not mind being cozy we can get up to six people and split the costs. Seeing its right around the corner we may want to jump on it now.

Does anyone know of a good but inexpensive place to stay that has been before?