News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Forums Member- New Faire Character

Started by Eileithyia, March 29, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileithyia

Hello!  I just learned about these forums through a friend of mine so I came on when I had a chance to registered.  I look forward to meeting more crazy rennies!

A little about me (The Real Me)
I have always been a Faire-Fan going to my first one when I was 15 (Scarby) and going as often as I could afford to go.  Admittedly there were long stretches of not-going inbetween one or two visits.  I was always a mundane visitor, now and then renting a costume and having fun being In-Character but mostly just going for the fun, food and experience.  I got my first taste in-garb, and @camp, via a friend of mine at TRF 09, soon after which to be accepted into the Phoenix Risen clan.  I am IN-Love with this side of Faire and don't know what possibly took me so long! 

I have some garb-pieces of my own-- in fact most of my usual outfit is mine, but the important piece, the really cute leather vest that brings the whole thing into period-form belongs to a friend of mine so I know I really need to get complete my outfit on my own as soon as possible.  Mainly it's kind of a vagabond-barbarian-wench sort of look-- leather vest, over the wench top and a long skirt w/sandals.  Sometimes the bellydancer jingles appear as part of my outfit but that's not mine either hahaha and I guess doesn't really mesh.  Overall though, I need some help bringing my character together.   I see her as mostly me, with a more visible rebellious streak.  Perhaps similar to Keira Knightly ala Pirates of the Caribbean-- a proper upbringing, rebelled into the pirate world, and now she is who she wants to be whenever it suits her needs.  That's pretty well-described for my own life, and largely for the character I dress into when I garb.  WHen I get home I'll throw some pics up here, but for those of you who Facebook, you find find me there and all my Ren-photos via the email address alithead@gmail.com.

Comments and Suggestions welcomed, as well as decent garb-items that fit a single-mothers tight budget. 

Thanks!

Lady Kett

Welcome to the Forums!

If you haven't found it yet, there are sewing and garbing forums too which are quite lively with a TON of fabulous advice, pictures, info on vendors and lots of ideas.

Hope to see you and meet you at Scarby this year! There's also a Rendezvous at Scarby this year - and there's a whole forum just for that.