News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Clan Misfits - Be Warned

Started by mpullen, March 29, 2010, 02:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

I prefer to transmit these warnings privately to the group leader, but I don't have a contact person for Clan Misfits, so posting this openly.

Clan Misfits, you came in and staked a claim between Chaos and Dragons of the Round. You stated that I had ejected you from the General/Open campgrounds for trying to camp in an area not available for camping. I didn't remember the conversation, but let it pass (hey, I'm 60 years old and wear a name-tag at work to remember my name). I told you to contact the group leaders for the adjacent groups and obtain their okay for you to stake claim on their borders. You were a bit slow in doing this.

Apparently you didn't understand the rules/requirements for having a reserved camping area.

A group must clear and maintain their area. Some groups completed this months before the Faire opened. Some have built . From what I saw, you didn't do any land clearing, you just setup your tent(s) and parked along the road.

If you come out closing weekend, please meet with me and I'll give you a personal face-to-face explanation of the rules and requirements for the reserved camping area.

In any event, you now have two strikes against your group. A third will result in your group being ejected and permanently banned from camping in the reserved area.

You left trash in your area, rather than haul it out or deposit in the trash containers by the General/Open campgrounds.

More seriously, you left a campfire smoldering in your area. You didn't clear a three foot area around your fire, and the embers could have ignited the ground debris and spread a fire throughout the campgrounds. Fortunately, your neighbors noticed the smoke and put out the embers. I didn't observe what manner of firepit you had used, but I will this coming weekend.

You now have two strikes against your group. A third and your group will be banned. Once you are banned and if you attempt to setup tents, they will be taken down and deposited along the road.

Your neighbors will be keeping an eye on you.

BTW, no other group in the reserved camping area has received a strike.