News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Young mage-in-the-making Needs Help Making a Staff

Started by sonofslaanesh, March 30, 2010, 05:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofslaanesh

I have the actual staff done, carved, sanded and stained. The problem I'm having is attaching a plastic skeleton to the top. I tried using epoxy putty but it was highly unsuccessful. Does anyone have any advice? I'm considering screws or nails, but i need something better to sculpt with as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Gwen aka Punstergal

Mine had a screw in the top (just one) which protrudes just enough to have a ton of liquid nails gobbed around it and inside of the shell I had for the ornament. Sadly, the shell was broken in an accident, so not it's just got the screw, but I'm working on finding a decent replacement.

The liquid nails never faltered though, as long as it had something to hold on to :) It's awesome stuff cuz it's very durable, you can paint/stain it to match the wood if needed, and you can sand/file/pare it down to remove excess fairly easily.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

sonofslaanesh

Liquid nails did the trick and some epoxy blended it in. Thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Jessi

Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."