News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First love, second chance

Started by Welsh Wench, March 31, 2010, 08:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

We've all seen this maudlin crap on TV. I was wondering...would you want a second chance with your first love?

I don't. I've changed so much since then I am sure the attraction wouldn't be the same as it was when I was 17.
I'd rather remember him as he was then. Or what I thought he was.

Oh, I never did thank him for getting me hooked on Motown.

Thanks...and I still think you're a b*****d.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Bonny Pearl

Oh goodness gracious NO! LOL!   ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Lady Kett

No way! The one I have now is the best one in the world!

Welsh Wench

Oh yeah...I forgot that little thing about me already being married!

OK so let's say you are single and..... ;D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Bonny Pearl

still a big NO lol!  ;D  there's always a reason for moving on.  we may not know it then, but there is.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Renee Buchanan

Nah, my first love is probably some fat macho Italian man who wears multiple gold chains and expects his wife to cook "gravy" every Sunday.

My hubby now is the best in the world, wouldn't change him for anybody.  And HE cooks.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Kett

CapnFayeCutler

I'm gonna have to go with no, although now he and I are pretty good friends. LOL!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

angusmacinnes

Naw, dont want to do that again.  Nothing bad to say, just dont need the agravation.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

SirRichardBear

Looks like I'm in the minority I'm still friendly with my first and see her and her husband when ever I'm up north in the old home town every three or four years.  While I wouldn't change things for the world if we were both single sure I'd jump for a second chance.  Always was a sucker for those type of things.  Love the series As Time Goes By on PBS.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Molden

"The bird says 'noooo'..." lol,

so do I. Nope, nu-uh, no-way.  8)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Kate

No.

I went out to dinner a few years back with my family in the town in which I went to high school.  He ended up being our waiter.  I could barely stifle my laughs, as this was the guy who broke up with me for a girl who was in Advanced Placement classes because he felt that we'd have "no common goals in the future."

They both dropped out of college and are working in the restaurant business, and (of course!) no longer together.

I WIN!  :-P
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Nicolette

My first loves were wonderful, both the unrequited one and the one I married (until things changed for us, but we were young and had very difficult circumstances).  I wouldn't want to go back to either one, but like to keep the good memories of both, especially since the one I married died way too young, even for an ex-husband.  Hanging onto bad feelings about people just hurts yourself in the long run.  Making the same mistakes twice isn't any way to live, either.

I like to think that what I learned along the way is good for the relationship I'm in now and I know I wouldn't trade that for anything, old or new.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Lady Amy of York

Okay i guess i am the odd duck here so to speak. No comment ! ;D

But I would give my first love a second chance.

That being because I am married  to  my  first love , and he is  the most wonderful man. He is my companion, my lover, my best friend, and a terrific  father, and i am proud  to call myself  his  wife.

Tim, if you ever read this luv, I love  you now  and  forever. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Christina de Pond

the crazy thing is my first love and i peacefully exist in the edge of each others life kinda like aquantances after nearly not speaking for 10yrs
but us having a second chance would take nearly a miracle not that it couldn't happen
I would have jumped at a second chance years earlier these days not so much things would have to change a lot of the old arguements are still there things we fought about then we would still fight about today
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari