News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Door County, WI Renaissance Faire 2010

Started by verdant1, April 01, 2010, 08:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verdant1

Dates listed on website (link follows) are June 26 & 27 also July 3 & 4 2010.
Know they have been working on weekends getting ready. Hope this helps people plan to attend.  It's a very nice wooded site and easy to find.
Blessings,

verdant1 aka Linda

http://www.doorcowirenaissance.com/faqs-dates-and-details.html

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, the dates are correct and things are coming together. I will be there performing in the court for the 2 weekend run. Looking forward to this new faire. It is in a great location in Wisconsin which is a beautiful area. Who else plans on attending? I would love to meet up.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York,
Knight of the Holy Blade of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Counting the days before this new event. It is always a great feeling being part of a new faire from its inception. Everything is coming together. So, didn't get a reply if anyone else will be going. If so let me know and say hi to me and the rest of the court.

Catherine Regina

I too am getting excited about this festival - it will be great fun to have another faire where good King Edward and I "reign".  Three Pints Gone will be there, as well as Tib and Lady Arianna, of the Trooping Faeries.  Who else is performing?

Lord Clisto of York

Huzzah Your Majesty!!! This will be great fun indeed.

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Lady Rosalind

Everyone is welcome!!!! Be prepared to have fun! Our court is excited to attend this faire, and to play with everyone. Come and see us during a Royal Audience!  ;D

Lord Clisto of York

Yes, it is getting closer. Can't wait to see the grounds and where we will be.

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

The new Door County Renaissance Fantasy Faire, here in beautiful Egg Harbor, Wisconsin, has put out their poster for the faire shown above. Our court of "Have Court Will Travel" will be performing there as well as many other very talented performers, when they open their new faire in 3 weeks for two full weekends, June 26/27 & July 3/4. Part of our court is shown in above center. Come out and join us for 2 weekends of great fun and merriment. Hope to see many of you there. HUZZAH!!! For more information, check out their website at the link below -

http://www.doorcowirenaissance.com/faqs-dates-and-details.html

Dream the Dream and Live the Fantasy,

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Lord Clisto of York

I am packed and ready to head out to perform at this faire for the next 2 weekends. I will be leaving this Friday at about 7:00am. Its only a little over 3 hrs for me, but i will be doing other things along the way before meeting up wioth the rest of the royal court later in the afternoon to go see the site. Anyone else going to this? Anyway, safe journeys to all.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lord Clisto, my friend Carol will be there.  You met her at Janesville and Dubuque, and she is a Bristol regular.

Just one question though.  On the poster, Anne the Phoole?  Is that Jane the Phoole's twin?   ;)
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

To be  honest, I do not know what it is suppose to be. maybe a mistake or a different name for this faire. I saw that too.

Lord Clisto of York

Hi everyone,

My pictures from the first weekend of the New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, located near Egg Harbor in the beautiful Wisconsin Peninsula are now up. This is a two weekend faire and is set into the woods with pathways winding their way throughout and leading to an open area for jousting and other activities. This is a great area with many places to stay and other activities as well. The second weekend is July 3 & 4. To see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Door County Faire link. Have fun...

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Invictus Maneo

Lord Clisto,Duke of York

Lord Clisto of York

Getting ready to do this faire all over again for their 2nd and final weekend for the season. So far it looks to be nice out and it is also the July 4th weekend. So, there should be a lot of people about. Stop up here in the beautiful peninsula of Wisconsin and take in the Renaissance Faire.

Lady Rosalind

Packing my bags again! Can't wait! We had such a good time last weekend!

Lord Clisto of York

I have all packed but one outfit which I am debating on bringing this time and the car is ready. To bad I still have to work Friday night. I will be getting off at 04:00am Sat and then on the road by a little after 5am. I should be there around 8:30 or 9 with more then enough time to get ready for gate. See you there Lady Rosalind.

Lord Clisto of York

The new Door County Renaissance Faire now has pictures up on their site in a slideshow. They have used my pictures for it. They also have a schedule of events up listing times and events. Take a look if you want to see who is there and what is going on.

Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Hello friends,

My pictures from the last and final weekend of the New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, located near Egg Harbor, Wisconsin are now up. What a great time. The people came out and had a blast. The weather was fantastic and the atmosphere through the roof. All we had was compliments on this event and the bigger for next year. We did miss Sir Dominick from A Knight to Remember on the final weekend, but he had a family emergency and could not get back for the faire. Anyway, to see the pictures, just go to the link on my site below and click on the Door County Faire link, then go to the bottom and click on the box that says Week 2. Have fun...

Here is a bit about the faire what took place -

What a few great weekends... The New Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire, here in the Wisconsin Peninsula was a great success for a first year faire. It is located just north of Carlsville between Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor.  This is a new type of event for all the people who live and work in this area of Wisconsin, so many that came did so just to see what this was all about and loved it. All of the people we talked to about it were having a super time with family and expressed they would be back. And, some were there for the entire run. Thank You...

First of all, I personally want to thank Sandy Stetlar the producer of the event, as well as everyone who came out to the new Door County Ren Faire over the 2 week run. It is in a super location with most of the event being within the woods of beautiful tall trees and pathways. There were a few reenactment events which were out in the open area, as well as the joust." Noble Cause" put on a great show for the joust three times a day, and they interact very well with the crowd and other performers. Sir Dominick from "A Knight to Remember" is always a very educational show and we also had him interact with our royal court. Sadly, after he left the first weekend, he had a family emergency during the week and he could not return for the second. I have not heard anything yet, but I hope all is well with him and family.

The first weekend, there was a great turnout of people with even more on Sunday then Saturday. Sunday had standing room at all the shows which were going on at different stages and especially the joust, as many people polled and talked to got the word from others who attended the day before. We were very surprised ourselves at the crowds that showed up at that time. A pictures worth a thousand words.  I took pictures of the people at several of the events each day of the faire, as well as the parking lot of cars, which I always do just to show everyone and have them posted.

The second weekend was good again on Saturday, but somewhat slower on Sunday, July 4th because of the holiday weekend, coupled with a few other big events which were taking place in the area. People also came early, then left earlier in the afternoon to go cook out and get spots for fireworks that evening elsewhere.  It was understandable for those reasons, especially due to the holiday. But, next year the 4th will not be on the weekend which should make it a lot better.  Still, there was a good amount of people off and on throughout the day until then.

For those who couldn't make it, food included: turkey legs, bangers n mash, joust burgers, Cheese burgers, pulled pork, pig in a blanket, beef jerkey, cheese curds, pickles, door county cherry pie and cheesecake. It was all GOOD!!! Drynks included: Door County cherry and apple cider, cherry spritzer, coke, mountain dew, sprite, diet pepsi, fresh squeezed lemonade & bottled water. All of these drynks  were only $1.00 each. The one pub they had served a small variety of drynks: Fat Tire ale, 1554 Belgian ale, Bud Light, Mikes hard lemonade, Mikes Crantini, Smirnoff and Seagarms wine coolers. 

Performers included: Three Pints Gone, A Knight to Remember, Noble Cause Jousting, the Trouping Faeries, Chivalry and Steel, Third Avenue Playhouse Players, Wildlife of Wisconsin Raptors, Molotov the Comedic Gypsy, Kaheena Belly Dancers, Dragon Scales and Faerie Tales, Lord Marrocks Oriental Odyssey's, Gryphon Poursulvant and, the Royal Court - Have Court will Travel, showing renaissance dance, a weapons talk show, royal fashion show and children's knighting and lady in waiting ceremony. 

Couple all this with just over 20 vendors for the first year and there happen to be a lot to see or going on if one would want to partake. Parking is free with lots of it, kids 5 and under are free, There shall be no tariff charged to currently active or retired military personnel with proper identification. Tariff will be reduced at the gate by $1 for each person bringing a canned good or other non-perishable food item to be donated to the local food pantries.  Tariff may be further reduced at the gate by $1 for each person attired in period or fantasy garb appropriate for this family friendly event.. As with any faire that is new, it will grow, so next year we are looking forward to more of everything. HUZZAH!!!

Invictus Maneo

Lord Clisto,Duke of York

Lady Rosalind

I have to say, what a handsome bunch of bandits!

Lord Clisto of York

LOL... Now are you saying we look better with our masks on?????

Lady Rosalind

Lord Clisto of York

Dang, I knew we should have taken a before and after shot.

Lord Clisto of York

It's that time again folks. Time for the Door County Renaissance Faire, in beautiful Egg Harbor, Wisconsin. The faire opens for the 2011 season this weekend June 25 & 26 and again the following weekend July 2nd & 3rd. The weather is suppose to be a beautiful low 70 degrees both days this weekend. The faire is set in a beautiful woodsy area.

Come see jousting with Noble Cause Productions, the music of 3 Pints Gone, knightly encampment and demonstrations by Sir Carlo for A Knight to Remember, Sisters of Kaheena Belly Dancers, Lord Marrock's Comedy Sword Show, Gypsy Geoff Nustso Fire Juggler, Queen Catherine and her Royal Court and much more. Then wander the village and shop at the many merchants about, while feasting on a turkey leg or other food and partaking of the special ales.

So, who is planning on coming up to the Wisconsin Peninsula for this faire? Stop and say hello. For more information, follow the link below. Entertainment, vendors and the like are all listed under the Links tab on the site, and is not a complete list.

http://www.doorcowirenaissance.com/

His Grace, Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Lady Renee Buchanan

Three friends and I (Steve had to work) went to the Door County Renaissance Faire yesterday.  It is a lovely little faire, and the setting is beautiful.  Very good vendors and great prices, plus very good entertainment.  Three Pints Gone is a wonderful musical group, and the Court has fun and entertaining presentations.

If you have the chance, it will be held next weekend, too.  We had a great time!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

auntiegiggles

I'll have to see if I can get the hubby to attend with me this weekend.  We talked about going last year but never made it....
Everything goes better with giggles

Lord Clisto of York

Just finished posting my pictures from this past weekend at the Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire in Wisconsin, 6/25 & 26. Had over 160 pics, but posted just over 120. Hope you enjoy them. Hard to get while performing. Follow the link. -

Lord Clisto of York

I just finished posting my pictures from the second and closing weekend of the Door County Renaissance and Fantasy Faire here in beautiful Door County Wisconsin in Carlsville. To see them, just follow the link below -

http://www.sirclisto.com/door/door7.html

Lord Clisto