News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

John's Pass festivals -- 2010 (Scurvy Awareness/JLD)

Started by Kate, April 01, 2010, 08:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanza McDaniels

sounds like a fine plan Hector! Everyone in their skivvies, right?   :o
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Esperanza McDaniels

Quote from: Kate on April 07, 2010, 04:07:06 AM
Let me know too.  It'd just be me, but I could try to swing it.

it might be a better (CHEAPER) idea for us if we just got the smaller suite and someone bring along an air mattress that we can just put in the middle of the living room.  Then, we're splitting $135 five ways.  Sounds better to me.  Unless there are other takers as well that want to crowd into a room.  I don't really care how many people are in the room with me, lol, the more the merrier.  as long as I have a floor to crash on, I'll be happy.  Only major problem will be bathroom schedules.
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny

Kate

Quote from: Esperanza McDaniels on April 07, 2010, 09:53:26 PM
Quote from: Kate on April 07, 2010, 04:07:06 AM
Let me know too.  It'd just be me, but I could try to swing it.

it might be a better (CHEAPER) idea for us if we just got the smaller suite and someone bring along an air mattress that we can just put in the middle of the living room.  Then, we're splitting $135 five ways.  Sounds better to me.  Unless there are other takers as well that want to crowd into a room.  I don't really care how many people are in the room with me, lol, the more the merrier.  as long as I have a floor to crash on, I'll be happy.  Only major problem will be bathroom schedules.

This is not conducive to my plan.  LOL
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

I have a queen size blow up mattress that is the higher type so pretty comfy, if we want to do the cheaper room. Bathroom schedule would be the same in the two bed, it only has one bathroom. Question is there room for the mattress? we may be moving furniture around  ;D I know I'm just like you, Monica, I just want a place to crash!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

MargaretheDietrich

Schedule for this year's Festivities- May be subject to change!
Check out the winery BTW- The Pirate Grog (mead) they sell is delicious...and the orange wine makes a wicked addition to a mimosa!

John Levique Pirate Days VIII

Friday, June 12th, 3pm-11pm
Saturday, June 13th, Noon-8pm
Sunday, June 14th, 10am-6pm
Friday, June 12th:

3-7pm:  102.5 The Bone Live Radio Remote at Delosa's New York Pizza!
Get Primed for the Ball! Budweiser Promo & Give-A-Ways!

7pm: Captains Meeting @ VFW Post 4256
Get all the pertinent info on the 8th Annual Invasion of John's Pass Village!

7-11 pm: Pirates Ball
Hosted by: VFW Post 4256
12901 Gulf Blvd. Madeira Beach, 33708
$10.00 Donation includes:
Adult Only Admission to the Ball
Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
Musical Entertainment
Entry into the Adults Only Costume Contest
7pm: Silent Auction Begins
Entertainment:
Terry & The Pirates
8pm: Feast Begins!
Heavy Hors d'oeuvres
9:30pm: Introduction of Pirate Crewe Captains
10:00pm: Adults Only Costume Contest
Prize Packages valued at $200-$600 (Sponsored by local merchants)
11:00pm: Silent Auction Winners Announced
Ongoing Activities: Saturday and Sunday

Hurricane Awareness: To get folks ready for hurricane season, the hurricane awareness area will be laden with detailed information and ice cold A/C! Sponsors include Lowes, VODA, Pinellas County Emergency Management, Sierra Club, Service Master Clean and Project Safety.

Fisherman Lost At Sea:  Chance drawing and silent Auction.

Florida Blood Services: Blood Donations

Sea Traders Market.  Purchase piratical wares and tasty treats from a variety of unique marketeers! The Sea Traders Market will have ample piratical wares and trinkets to trade!  Purchase costumes, accessories and authentic pirate articles, Kids rides, face painting and a variety of tasty Food from over 50 piratical vendors and artisans!  There is plenty of pirate treasure to be found in the many shops of John's Pass Village as well! There will be a bounty of food, drink and entertainment, and costumes are encouraged!

FREE back issue of PIRATES MAGAZINE with subscription.

Noon-6pm (10-4 Sun)- Family Treasure Hunt:
FREE! Begins and ends at Windworks. Families search for treasure at participating Merchants throughout John's Pass Village! When all the treasure has been collected, families can enter to win the Grand Prize, a treasure chest full of loot donated by the John's Pass Merchants! Limited to the first 500 children. Everyone takes home trinkets. One Grand Prize winner only.

Various Stage Entertainment: Piratical Merriment for all ages! Various Acts & Entertainers throughout the village: Performers include, the West Coast Mutineers (FEATURED), Pirate Tales, Bohemian Fire, ARRR, Ink., Bone Island Buccaneers, For Love or Money, Travelers Hold, Troupe Sahirnee, Troupe Zahara , Pirate Soup Radio, Suncoast Parrot Sanctuary, PLUS... Many more.

Pub Crawl: Tickets will be available at the Pirates Ball, and during the event until sold out.Limited to 100 tickets! Ticket includes SEVENTEEN stop crawl, including a Special Edition T-shirt!  Leisurely and ongoing, throughout the weekend.

Water Taxi: Provided by Duck Tours/Parrots of The Caribbean
Saturday, June 13th:

10am-9pm: FREE parking and shuttle from Madeira Beach Middle School.

11am: Kayak Race- What About Blue from Hubbard's Marina and GoFishTampa.com from Don's Dock

! HIGH NOON: Pirate Ship Invasion and Sea Battle
Who will win Sea Battle VI!? Prepare to get wet

Noon -8pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

Noon-6pm- Family Treasure Hunt

Noon-8pm: Sea Traders Market & food vendors

1:00PM- Citrus Stomp @ Vino Florida

1:30pm-  Fight circle at West Coast Mutineers encampment

2pm-3pm: Special Guests-
Don Maitz Art Signing @ The Shipwreck Store and Janny Wurts on Bagpipes

2pm – 5pm: Bag Bro's Corn-Toss Tournament @ Don's Dock

3:00pm- Citrus Stomp @ Vino Florida

3:30pm-  Bar Brawl at Friendly's Pirate Cove

4:00- Sundrummers and Sand Dancers @ Don's Dock

4:30 pm- Children's Costume Contest: At Windworks. Sponsored by Overhead Surf Shop, Windworks and Thing's Etc... Three Winners. All participants will receive a prize.

5:00pm-  Fight Circle at West Coast Mutineers encampment

5:30pm- Captain Anne Bonny's BYOB Rum Party at Casa Havana Cigar & Café

6:00pm- Citrus Stomp @ Vino Florida

6:00pm- Full Fledged Unit @ Don's Dock

8:00pm- Fire Show with Bohemian Fire @ West Coast Mutineers encampment

8:00pm- Flotilla Awards Ceremony @ Friendly's Pirate Cove
Sunday, June 14th;

10am-6pm: Festival Opens

10am -6pm: Pub Crawl: Ongoing

10am-4pm- Family Treasure Hunt continues...

Various Stage Entertainment:

12:00pm- Citrus Stomp @ Vino Florida

1:00pm- Fight Circle at West Coast Mutineers encampment

1:00pm-2:00pm Street Parade: begins at Treasure Island City Hall @ 108th Ave.   Proceeds  north on Gulf Blvd, across the John's Pass Bridge..to John's Pass Plaza/John's Way...down Boardwalk Place, towards Don's Dock...around the bend and disperses on Pelican Lane.

3:30pm- Bar Brawl at Friendly's Pirate Cove

4:00pm- Citrus Stomp @ Vino Florida

4:30pm: Grand Prize Treasure Hunt Drawing at Windworks. Win the Mother Lode!

5:00pm- Fight Circle at West Coast Mutineers encampment

6:00pm: Festival Closes

7:00pm: VIP Party- Sponsored by Bamboo Beer Garden.           

Ambrosine

Thank you so much for the the schedule! this will make planning the drop off and pick up plans for my wee ones much easier!

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: Lady Raven on April 08, 2010, 10:15:24 AM
Thank you so much for the the schedule! this will make planning the drop off and pick up plans for my wee ones much easier!

NP. I know either myself or Ambios if not Madge tries to post it every year to let people know what's going on or where to find people.
Even without the wee ones, feel free to check out the fight circles, brawls and cannons going off.  ;) And check out the candy/ice cream shop Kilwin's.
And ask questions if you've never attended.
Major tips? Even if drinking stay HYDRATED. It's about 90 degrees in the shade at this one! :-p And don't forget sunblock...I got fishnet sunburn from stockings that lasted for 2 years!
It's a fun show to be at.
I'm sure that everyone can recommend good places to eat too...The Friendly Fisherman is where the bar brawl is at.
and yes, the pub crawl tickets are worth it from what I hear.

Esperanza McDaniels

Quote from: Kate on April 08, 2010, 04:09:25 AM

This is not conducive to my plan.  LOL

We can always slip in a BB undetected.  If it's crowded, you'll be FORCED to share a bed.   :-*
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny

calien

For the record that  is the SQD  for last  year  but one gets the idea

Squire Mickey

We will be doing the official Harbinger meeting at the Scurvy Party around 4 PM.

All those interested in joining the crew should contact me ASAP with position requests and contact info.

Thanks, I mean ARGGG
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ambrosine

I so wish we could join in the fun on Scurvy Day  :'( but we will see most of you the day before.

MargaretheDietrich

Quote from: calien on April 10, 2010, 09:15:02 AM
For the record that  is the SQD  for last  year  but one gets the idea

Thanks for catching that. I wasn't sure.

Kate

Because of money and planning for other fun stuff, I'm probably only doing Saturday at JLD. 
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

@Kate
AWWWW MAN! no sleepovers! and I was sooo looking forward to bunkin together =( Maybe for St. Augustine? rooms are cheaper up there!

Kate

Quote from: Lady Raven on April 21, 2010, 08:47:54 AM
@Kate
AWWWW MAN! no sleepovers! and I was sooo looking forward to bunkin together =( Maybe for St. Augustine? rooms are cheaper up there!

We'll see.  trying to svae for a trip to MD for Labor Day as well as St. Arg.  For St. Arg the rooms at the Ramada are pretty cheap and I think have two queens in each.
Kate
Pink'n Penny