News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scotch Tasting

Started by Rune, May 30, 2008, 08:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Girl

Happy birthday!  Sorry for not making it, I had Avalon and a rediculous amount of grocery shopping to do which resulted in me doing the better part of nothing all night and passing out on the couch at 10:30

Glad you had fun!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Morwen Twilight

I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting everyone at the scotch tasting. Thanks for inviting me Sorcha.
Hair weaving pirate wench
Quartermistress of the Vicious Vixen

Welcome to the Feudal System, where your count votes

Muffin

Was nice meeting you Morwen! Hope to see you again soon!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Rune

Alas Fiona the whiskey wench was a little slow on the upswing emailing the Scotch tasting information this time...but you can't really blame her, she was off doing some experimental art thing in which they were trying to induce an altered state by not sleeping and performing in various...artsy things. http://vita.mn/story.php?id=22827464

Anyway, in case you are trying to make last minute plans involving liquor, there IS a Scotch tasting tonight at Merlins.  I will be at the RF Pub Night sipping an Arnie Palmer at the Claddagh so will not be attending.  Take that Fiona, no longer will I sit at home pining for your emails about which Scotch's will be on the menu >drool<...Speaking of which,   the menu for tonight is as follows

• Bowmore Dusk (Claret Wine Cask Finish) - Islay
• Scapa - Orkney
• Highland Park 18yr - Orkney
• Talisker - Skye

Recommended by 4 out of 5

Toarmod

Ahh well can't make em all. I'm going to the Pub night as well.

Rune

August Already?!! the bad news...winter is just a few months away.  The good news...Faire is only 10 days away -AND- another scotch tasting is tomorrow! Fiona did not stick to a region, or taste, or a historical connection this time.  She has chosen 4 from the milder side.  I have not tried any of these so I think i just may just have to make it to this one.

• Balblair 10yr (Northern Highlands)
• Auld Reekie (Islay) blend, no age statement.
• Benromach (Speyside) no age statement.
• Cragganmore D.E. double-matured 1992, bottled '05 (Speyside).(this one sounds good!)

Slàinte,

Toarmod

Mmmm... Speyside scotch!!! ;D

SleepyArcher

someday I am going to have to go to one of these and become educated in this scotch stuff.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Rune

>OCH<!  Just got the notice yesterday and didn't see it until today!  The scotch tasting tonight includes the following.

• Rosebank 15 yr Connoisseur's Choice, Gordon and MacPhail bottling.
  • Cragganmore D.E. '92
  • Glengoyne 17yr
  • An Cnoc 12yr

Muffin

No likey scotch, but wish we could go... Miss hangin out with you all at Merlins... but wait... See you all in two days!! yay!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Toarmod

Quote from: Rune on September 04, 2008, 01:01:50 PM
>OCH<!  Just got the notice yesterday and didn't see it until today!  The scotch tasting tonight includes the following.

• Rosebank 15 yr Connoisseur's Choice, Gordon and MacPhail bottling.
  • Cragganmore D.E. '92
  • Glengoyne 17yr
  • An Cnoc 12yr

Doh! Im out fer this one. Need to save fer fest!

Capt. Bacardi

Yep we are out of this one. Still not ready for this weekend...  :o  :-\
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

DeadBishop

Just got home from work, not making this one either.   :-\

R/F.com member since 2003

Toarmod

Well now that fest is over. (sigh) SCOTCH!!!

From Fiona "The Whiskey Wench":

Hello Everyone,

So the upcoming tasting is a little different...we shall be indulging in some heady cask strength whiskies. Each of these Scotches is a wee bit different but they all have some taste characteristics in common....you'll have to wait and see!!!

1. Loch Morar 12yr. Highland.

2. Inchmurrin 12yr. Highland.

3. Ardmore 13yr. Highland. 1990 Cask non-chill filtered. Cask strength.

4. The Arran Malt. Island. No age statement. Bottle no. 366 of 442. Single Cask (cask strength).
Be warned DO NOT drink this puppy without water, you'll get a nasty shock. Not for the faint of heart! Are ye man/woman enough?

Well I hope to see many of you then! Same price as normal $25 for four taster shots, prizes and Wench included.

Have a great week!

Slàinte,

Fiona

So, any interest out there?

Leyla