News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help! Looking for the leatherworker who makes handbags with faces on them.

Started by Ananael, April 04, 2010, 05:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ananael

Hello All,

I live in Tucson, AZ and when doing a search on different costuming techniques I ran across a picture of some bags that an artisan who frequents the Michigan festivals makes. There are a few of us out here who would love to get our  hands on them!  They are leather tooled with faces on them.  The picture I found from a photographer who attended there is here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/sklender/1464456083/

Does anyone know who makes these?  Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Ananael

Lady Renee Buchanan

The company is called Grichel's.  They have a booth at the Bristol Renaissance Faire, where I bought mine.  I'm sure they have a website, too, but I've never gone onto it, because I can visit their shop every summer.  They aren't cheap, but the work is very well done.

Here is a picture of mine:

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

WindChime

Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

NoBill Lurker

I never knew that they had an Etsy shop!  :o ;D

http://www.etsy.com/shop/grichels

That's going to end up costing  me some money in the future, as they don't do BARF any more... :(
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

renfairephotog

They were at TN Ren a few years ago. I needed a new pouch but just didn't have the cash then.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Poldugarian Warrior

Thanks for the info. I totally forgot to get on here and ask someone the same question. I'd like one of those bags for Halloween. I should've got one while they were here at MiRF. They do look really mean. But, gotta save some gold for one. So maybe if they come back I'll get one. It'll go good with my wolf shaman costume.

ulfric

Horseman of the Renpocolypse (Haughtiness)
Lord High Drunkard
CPA
Merc  819
IBRSC  1482
IFRP  1361

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Blushing

And they've in the past had a booth at the Colorado Renaissance Festival ... not too far from Arizona!  (I'll make sure they are still there this weekend.)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Blushing on June 10, 2010, 12:22:33 PM
And they've in the past had a booth at the Colorado Renaissance Festival ... not too far from Arizona!  (I'll make sure they are still there this weekend.)

Another good reason to come to the Colarado faire :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Doberman

Hiya all.  We are again currently at Colorado as well as Bristol, WI which is our home Faire.  We'll get a coupla weeks break after Colorado is done where we'll only be running one Faire, but then we start up at Maryland and run two again for the last few weeks of Bristol.  Busy summer months for us.  :)

As a coupla of folks have mentioned we've finally resumed our online sales, through http://www.etsy.com/shop/grichels instead of directly off the site (which, we swear, will get a facelift very soon.  :)  )  Until our heaviest Faire season is over though, the Etsy site will likely be a little lite on Grichels to choose from. 

We've got a Facebook fan page you can join to keep up with where we're at as well. 

Though we don't get the opportunity to do it often enough, we'd like to thank every one of our customers who field questions of "Where did you get that!?!?" at Faires all across the country.  :)  Many of our first-time customers have been directed to us by you guys.  We really appreciate it. 

Oh and Ananeal?  We're looking at getting into Arizona.  It's the artist's husband's home faire and one we'd really like to be at.  No promises yet, but hopefully soon.  :)
Doug "Doberman" Hillman

Grichels indentured servant.

Doberman

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on June 10, 2010, 04:41:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I totally forgot to get on here and ask someone the same question. I'd like one of those bags for Halloween. I should've got one while they were here at MiRF. They do look really mean. But, gotta save some gold for one. So maybe if they come back I'll get one. It'll go good with my wolf shaman costume.

Unfortunately, we're unlikely to be at Michigan anytime soon.  Road trip down and visit us at Bristol!  It's much more exciting than our Etsy shop.  :)
Doug "Doberman" Hillman

Grichels indentured servant.

Poldugarian Warrior

Lady Mac

Doberman,

You should post a pic of the parade flag you guys use. I swear some evil demon is
trying to squeeze his face through the leather. Outstanding piece of craftmanship.
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Poldugarian Warrior

That's the stuff I'm talking about. You need to talk to one of them vinyl/plastic Halloween equipment makers, that can use your design, have china produce them, and sell that cheap stuff during Halloween and the good stuff only sold at faire, you'be be a millionaire.  Keep up the good work.