News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Size of Cast

Started by Mythrin, March 07, 2010, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mythrin

I am doing some market research

How big is Michigan's cast?

Paid or Volunteer?

How obvious are they in the street?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

Black Armor

Well, since nobody else has responded I might as well take a whack at it.  I don't know how many people they have on cast but their must be a ton because it seems like they are everywhere.  My wife and I try to make it to faire every weekend and I don't think there has ever been a day when we weren't approached or engaged in some way by at least a couple of cast members.  They are all great people and have always been fun and friendly.  As far a paid versus volunteer, I'm not sure if any of them are paid but I know that there are more than a few that should be paid.  For the most part the cast is pretty good at making themselves known in the streets and interacting with the partons.  I don't work there so don't quote me on any of what I am saying.  These are just my observations.     

Poldugarian Warrior

Black armor is right, many of the cast will interact with anyone,andmany will seem like just patrons because they are that personable. But, it's qute a large cast, if you can get a hold of the program this year, that lists all of the main cast and street performers and you'll see it's a large number and most should get paid.

robert of armstrong

The number will vary depending on perspective.  So many of us playtrons show up who go a little overboard with their garb (see above two) and interact with everybody as well.  I like to think we add to the ambience and enjoyment of the Faire for everyone (including myself!)

As for actual numbers of official cast, I think only the MiRF executive could answer that.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Katie Bookwench

If anyone was still interested, they can check out the official website. There is a page listing cast member's names. (who knows if it's up to date for this year, but it was pretty accurate for 2009). 

http://www.michrenfest.com/

Under Enterainment, the cast is listed.

I have it on "good authority"  ;) *nudge nudge* that there are a few new lane acts this year... some previous cast members are expected to make a return this season.

It should be a fun season.  ;D
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Poldugarian Warrior

Yeah, we playtrons should dress down. Not! then it wouldn't be fest. I guess Robert of Armstrong is right with so many of us running around nobody can get a good grasp on the number of actual cast members. So just check the site, and then factor in maybe 100 very well garbed playtrons, and that should be the correct number of cast members.