News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Asville (OH) Viking Festival April 24/25, 2010

Started by Ariyana the hugging wench, April 05, 2010, 12:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariyana the hugging wench

http://www.ashvillevikingfest.com/enter.htm

Most of the information anyone might need should be found on the above site. This festival's admittance is a canned good. (How often do you find that?!) At least one per person (hey extra's are never turned away)
Entertainment is top rate Ren faire performers. We have a goodly number of wonderful vendors. There is a wonderful living history area. A Historic timeline if you will.
Saturday night they will be debuting a new documentary "Faire: an American Renaissance."
"In 1963, from a small field on Haskels Rascals Ranch in Los Angeles, an event known as the "Renaissance Pleasure Faire" was born as a class project by a history teacher.  From a school yard fundraiser, Ron and Phylis Patterson took a weekend event and turned it into a worldwide phenomenon.  In the years since, movements blossoming from the Faire include street performance, handmade arts & crafts, and living history scenarios which were all given new life.

Some 45 years later, Faire as it is affectionately known, touches the lives of millions of people a year as attendees, booth owners, and die-hard "rennies".

Recently struggling to redefine itself , the Faire is now competes with the World Wide Web, raves, and Burning Man. The documentary follows the incredible and insightful journey of a quirky group of people that defined a uniquely American movement.  Join the original participants as they share their stories and struggle to find their place in a changing world"

Check it out and come play with the Vikings! (and the germans and the romans and the pirates and.... ;))

WindChime

Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Lord Clisto of York

Hail,

I already watched the screener of the movie last Thursday and again on Sunday since I was sent an e-mail and a copy and asked to review it. It is actually a great DVD on faire in general. It covers most of the ins and outs of faire life. I know everyone will find it very interesting. I am really trying to get there this year since I missed last year due to not feeling well. I have been going each year for some time. I missed everyone. So, if my new work schedule holds out, it may be possible.

Hope to see you both there. Ariyana, you owe me a hug....

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Ariyana the hugging wench

Oh Clisto Honey, I suspect I owe you way more than one! ;)
Miss you too my friend, and yes we have to find time to connect eventually. Too many missed opportunities!
{{{{{bearhug to tide you over}}}}}}} ;) :-*