News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Messages possible bug?

Started by Melkar, May 30, 2008, 09:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkar

It appears that if I send a reply to a message in "My Messages" and check the "save a copy" box it's not actually saving a copy in my outbox (it remains empty). This was using Safari on a Mac. Anyone else see this?

Suggestion note:  In the amber menu bar at the top, it can be somewhat confusing to have "RF Home" and "Home".  I know it's R/F.com homepage vs the Forums home page.  Perhaps changing "Home" to "Forums"  would be more intuitive?

Anyway, neither is a big deal.  I know y'all are figuring out new software and having to basically rebuild the site from the ground up.  That's no small task.
BCNU,
  Melkar

willin

none of the messages that i send show up in my "Outbox"
GOT FEET ?

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I had trouble trying to "reply" to messages earlier tonight, it would say I had "just posted to the IP board within the last 60 seconds" when I had not.  But when I started a new message it was fyne.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

renfairephotog

I'm on safari and check the "save a copy" option and it works for me.  I have a few glitches sending  mail but once I restarted safari it's worked.

try going to Personal Message Options and check Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

I haven't had any problems personally.  I'm also on a Mac, using Safari.  For those having issues, it very well could be an issue with the web browser you're using, in conjunction with the site itself.  We'll try to look into this.

R/F.com member since 2003

Melkar

Just a follow-up.  I just tried it with Firefox on the Mac and it worked fine.

I was using an "older" Safari (ver. 3.0.4) and that might also be the reason.  Next time I'll try with Safari 3.1 and see if it "behaves".  :D

Web "standards" gotta luv 'em.  ::)
BCNU,
  Melkar