News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A note of thanks to a lot of people at Sherwood

Started by dfloyd888, April 06, 2010, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfloyd888

I have a number of people that I would like to thank for making the Sherwood experience as rocking as possible:

Lord Antioch, Brian, Zane, Mike, Jonah, Rengypsy, and Moon Dawg for making this possible.

The other actors who were a pleasure to interact with during scenes.

Wulfie and Colleen for doing the ears and makeup every time, patiently (with uber kick-butt results), as well as loaning me some very cool items such as
a quill and the necklace. Both of them spent a lot of their own effort and money finding just the right ears for everyone, as well as having the best airbrush technology available. I can't praise either of them enough.

Gordon for leveling and clearing the campground, as well as making the tent I stayed in water resistant with excellent placement of tarps. My tent did not leak a single bit even after subfreezing to hot temperatures of the January to April season.

Lindsey for being such a patient dance teacher.

Brooke and Zane for taking me aboard.

Mark and DaVina for not just loaning me some critical stuff for the campground, but making some great leather pieces (mug strap, belt, headpiece, left hand sword frog, several pouches.)

Ariel for giving me the impetus to join the troupe, as well as making some great leather pieces for me.

Mark for being not just a jack of all trades, but an emperor.

Lee and Tina for loaning me some emergency garb.

Our dear Trollop for doing some great alterations on my vest and shirt, making it fit the Sherwood period as well as look great.

Evan for being such a great stand-in.

The rest of the faerie troupe for being such top notch performers to work with. I feel quite honored to have danced with Nicci, Kim, Brooke, Marley,
and Amanda.

Diane and Evan for putting up with me, even though I ended up doing multiple pratfalls near them due to exceeding structural load limits on chairs and logs.

Terry for advice on working as a performer, which helped a lot.

The pickle salesperson. Pickles helped stave off heat exhaustion better than anything I could think of except direct IVs of saline.

Preston, Vance, and Monk for making the awesome photos and videos.

The vendors who didn't mind me wandering in and asking such deep philosophical questions such as if there is a clear, defined winner of a battery swallowing contest.

Family for putting up with me, and helping finance this expedition.

Of course, there are a ton of others as well that I likely missed.

From my heart, thank you.