News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's Your Faire Food Craving?

Started by Bonny Pearl, April 06, 2010, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J M Gryphon

My favorite was the Beef kabobs...so sad those went away. the combo TEMPURA is my current obsession
Private First Class Queens own Highlanders
Wandering Green Wizard of Krunk
Jedi Master

iain robb

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on April 08, 2010, 02:26:31 PM
I love the child sized turkey legs, Gyros and peasant bread!

So, are the child-sized turkey legs the size of a toddler, or perhaps as large as a teenager? I'm thinking perhaps we could all chip in and split a teenager-sized turkey leg.

Ryk Rakham

Three of our grandkids shared one last season!

Right now, I'm craving everything! Can't wait until TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

squiregaby

I have soothed my cravings for a meat pie....until next weekend anyway
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:24:17 AM
I have soothed my cravings for a meat pie....until next weekend anyway

Same here...for turkey legs, rogue sandwich, cinnamon nuts, funnel cake, pork pocket and diet Dr. Pepper!!!
Rhyk Dragonfang

Lady Sherry

squiregaby

I didn't get to quite satisfy my craving of meeting new friends and talking with old friends though...I only saw Meg and Merlin...caught a glimpse of Queen Bonnie in the lanes but she was far away....
In other words :P More people need to come visit me! :P
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

LadyStitch

I tried the new pretezle wrapped sausage.  I will recomend. My DH had the meatball wrap. He does recomend you have several napkins on hand, but it is very good.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:34:18 AM
I didn't get to quite satisfy my craving of meeting new friends and talking with old friends though...I only saw Meg and Merlin...caught a glimpse of Queen Bonnie in the lanes but she was far away....

we'll find you next week!
Rhyk Dragonfang

Lady Sherry

Hercules

I'll 2nd the pretzel suasage. This is it's second year. They usually sell out quick and there's been a waiting line everytime I've gone to get one. (In between the beer tavern and fried ice cream)

And the Fish N Chips! Good food and the Lady who takes orders makes it worthwhile with her commentary.  :D  
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

joan of arc

Shepard's pie at Rose and Crown Inn was to die for. :)
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

LadyStitch

How are the fish and chips?  Sorry when I was over seas in NZ I got spoiled on good british fish and chips. Have yet to find any that match close enough.  

This weekend the stir Fry & the steak on a stick was tempting me as well.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Merlin

I had a sausage calzone which was AWESOME and only $3.50

Joan of Arc had some good looking pasta dish thing too.

Fish and chips were pretty good also.

Yea.... I pigged out.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

eloquentXI

I am saving my pennies for Rendez so I can actually enjoy some faire food this season.

I did so well this weekend! I was very tempted to buy food inside the gates but my preserverence won!

And I like being able to sit outside and have a sandwich or two.

That's my faire food for now.  :P
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

lys1022

The pasta on Saturday was Val's Special, and quite tasty.  Linguine with a garlic butter sauce, tossed with green beans, potatoes and bell peppers.  Victor also had Spuma this weekend, aka "chocolate heaven in a cup".  Le yum!

Sunday I went with the Schnitzel at the German booth.  VERY yummy, with a creamy mushroom sauce over noodles.

The bakery has puff pastry triangles with either ham and cheese or egg and cheese.  I got an egg and cheese one for breakfast on Sunday and then went down to Lady MacArthur's to add three different kinds of salsa to it. 

And since Scratch was back, I resumed my daily routine and picked up three chocolate drizzled macaroons at the bakery on my way up to closing gate.  One is for me, one is for Scratch, and one is for whoever I run into that I feel like giving it to. :)

I actually bought more food this weekend than I normally will.  I just indulged a bit since it was Opening Weekend.  From now on I'll probably buy one thing per day, and eat what I brought with me for the rest of the day.  But it was fun doing the indulging!!! ;D
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Al-Nimer

Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:34:18 AM

I'll try to come over this Saturday between Stardancer belly dance shows (11, 12, 2, 4 & 5:30).  I'm really looking forward to the Joust, but doubt if I'll make it this Sat.

But getting back to the thread...I satisfied my craving last week for the Palace of Pasta Pleasure and a gyro  ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters