News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival

Started by Blackbead, April 08, 2010, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

They took my check!!!  The fools, uh, I mean, those wonderful people!  I am now scheduled to set up me pirate's market at the Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival in Fort Walton Beach on June 3, 4, and 5, 2010!  I'll have everything but me t-shirts so that means beautiful jewelry, treasures from around the world, replica flintlocks, pirate toys, books, CDs, bumper stickers, magnets, buttons, and more!  Come see me in the out near Santa Rosa Sound!  We be takin' over the town for the time bein' and declarin' it a Pirate Party!!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Lady Lil

I can't believe it!!!! Someone from the forum (Blackbead) is going to be at my first attending festival ever!!! OK I'll stop jumping around now, I am soooo excited. I can't wait... Who else is going?

Blackbead

LOL!  Aye!  Who's with us?!?  We're takin' Fort Walton Beach!  Who'll join our band of free souls?!?

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Lady Lil

Don't forget June 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fort Walton Beach Florida!!!!!!!

Blackbead

The crew is loading Adventure in preparation for sailing for Fort Walton Beach to take part in the 55TH Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival!  Excitement is running high as we all dream of the trip we are about to embark upon!  This is our only "national" event this year and we're hoping to make it a grand one!  Stop by for a free sample of pirate poetry!  Come buy me last copy of Rusty Cutlass' "Maiden Voyage"!  Come get, for a mere $10, a copy of the CD that includes "Blackbead's Melody" and "A Tale from Devil's Tavern!"  Shall we see you there???

Lady Lil

Today was my very first pirate festival!!!! Blackbead, and Capt. Jane Jasper made my husband and I feel so welcomed. We are more than grateful for their hospitality. Even though the rain was pouring down off and on, I had the time of my life! I have a few pictures to post as soon as I figure out how ??? I can't wait to attend more faires and festivals and I'm looking forward to meeting more forum members real soon.

Blackbead

Ahoy there, m'Lady!

Captain Jasper and I apologize for the hurried visit; we'd have loved to be able to just sit and talk to you and your hubby.  But, as you said, we were trying to keep our merchandise dry under some pretty wild conditions.  I think that next time, if we come back to Billy Bowlegs, it will be just to "play" and not to try and make money.  We paid an art show booth fee and wound up with a county fair crowd.  Most of the vendors I spoke with were newcomers to this event and they all agreed that this will be their last time to vend there.  I don't think I'd ever come back as a vendor but we had a great time partying with the people out there and I think we come back over for vacation!

Regardless, it was wonderful meeting you and your mate; I just wish we'd had more time to chat!  Maybe next year!

Blackbead