News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF 2010 Opening Weekend Roll Call

Started by BamaWoodsman, April 08, 2010, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Alice of Mecklenburg

We'll be there in full dress this weekend...  I've got a new tudor style dress in beige, cream and blue for Sat-  my Lord will be dressed in his usual black doublet - due to him not keeping up with the laundry...  we'll be there before cannon (at least the imaginary one)
Just a regular renaissance gal...

Avidd

Trying to get my shift covered so  i can come for Sunday, maybe half of Sat.

Just Jesse

this is not my first fair, but im bringing newbies, whats everyones opinion as this being their first fair experience....

BamaWoodsman

Its by far my favorite of the 3 I've attended.  Last year was my first year at GaRF but it is a considerably different experience from TnRF and Alabama.  For shopping it is absolutely wonderful, and the food is pretty good too.  I went 5 out of the 8 weeks last year and not once made it to the pub sing because I always seemed to get caught up with one vendor or the other late in the evening after the crowds started parting.

Your newbies will be in for a treat and it should get them hooked if they have any interest in the renaissance or fantasy worlds.

susannah

Pub Sing is a must for newbies! As BamaWoodsman mentioned...you can spend all day shopping if you wish. I love the Nickel Shakespeare Girls (they perform in the lanes and do one show on stage), Three Quarter Ale at the Brewer's Pub...I never miss them! According to the entertainment schedule on the website, TQA will be complete for only one show at noon then Wicked Pete must dash for the day b/c Half Pint (Rosemary and Ariana) have the rest of the shows. I'm actually looking forward to the new show that the knights of the joust are doing. "A Knight at the Opera."
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Lady Christina de Pond

i know i can't wait either i think it's gonna awesome
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BamaWoodsman

Lady Christina, 

I got the news last night, that our 7th person couldn't get Saturday off work so he's only going to be here on Sunday. I hope this doesn't mess up your ticket plans to much. :(

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Templar Jesse on April 14, 2010, 03:00:00 PM
whats everyones opinion as this being their first fair experience....

What's not to like about this faire? It has: King, Queen, Royal Court, Jousting, Knights, Warrior Monks, Food, Fairies, Shows, Swords, axes, shields, armor, Trolls, elves, mead, beer (monk's brew), maidens, pilgrims, longer than a weekend season (no offense intended to certain Royalty ;)),....pirates

Lady Christina de Pond

don't worry bama i'll figure something out
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Manwariel

BamaWoodsman

Lady Christina,

New development just in, One of our people had to cancel so once again we will have an odd number on Saturday.  My only trick is going to be getting everyone out of the house in time to make it for opening cannon. They have failed the last 3yrs at every festival we've been to as a full group. I've decided to take the roll dress Nazi for Sat. morning to get them going. I figure if I tell them we're leaving by 9 we should leave by 9:15 and its a 45 min drive from the house.

I assume we'll all just meet up front.

Just Jesse

god my girlfriend got scheduled to work all weekend so i have to rush there from birmingham, then leave at around 2 i think....im dissapointed

BamaWoodsman

I know how that goes. We got lucky and my fiance is off work all weekend which doesn't happen to often. Is she coming with you Sat morning? 

Just Jesse

thats what were talking about if she dont go....i dont get to, im not driving there alone... all my fair frends from last year kinda drifted out of the habbit....
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30239484&l=cfe13565fb&id=1000020159
us and warrior monk and femme last year

susannah

We'll still be there...but possibly not in garb. I'm starting to stress about all the stuff that goes along with the renfant, so we'll see! I'm so excited and see those of you who will be there tomorrow!!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer