News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GARF 2010 Opening Weekend Roll Call

Started by BamaWoodsman, April 08, 2010, 09:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamaWoodsman

I have a fiance here that says you better be there with that renfant she'll even help you if theres something you wanna see, lol.   Remember what I said though, lol.

Lady Christina de Pond

alright sorry yall due to unforeseen events and friends cancelling i had to miss Garf today i do intend to go but i don't know for sure which weekend yet
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

BamaWoodsman

Tis ok but we did miss you.  Hopefully we'll see you later in the season.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Twas truly a remarkable opening weekend for myself and attending friends. We got to meet several new friends, the most I've done since I've started this hobby. (Warrior Monks don't usually act as your typical social magnets..not like fairies, pirates, musketeers, and Tudor/Elizabethan era folks :P  but my armored Brothers and I are making a go at changing our image....Deus vult! ;D)

Bamawoodsman and his AU-UA companion (I apologize for not getting to see you again on Sunday), Femme Falchion (Many thanks for the mystic rune, perhaps you'll provide me the written description of what you tried to tell me there about it :)) and Lord Scott, Susannah's husband, since Susannah and renfant moved off from the coins shop late Saturday as I tried to gain her attention, The Ladies Amy & Sarah (pleasant surprise-readers of the Following Orders thread and many thanks for the favor-I'm honored), the BLAKDUKE and his lovely Lady (wonderful dinner we had Saturday night M'Lord!), and Avidd at opening on Sunday morning.

It really was too bad we had to leave early to clear a hotel room and have our guest back to the Atlanta airport to journey back to California.  :'(

BamaWoodsman

It was nice to meet everyone this weekend.  We were late arriving today and once again missed out on catching everyone at the gate.  My fiancĂ© and I wandered around most of the day and somehow didn't see anyone else until we found Amy and Sarah at Ded Bob/ Tartanic. 

Princess_BG

It was a great opening weekend and I had a blast meeting everyone at GARF. I am already planning on when to go back  ;D! I also ended getting a new pair of sandlars which are awesome! (Thanks to my awesome finace) Hope everyone had a good time and hope see everyone soon. I would have to say the highlight of this weekend was when I got to spend quality time with the renfant! Thanks Susannah and Bart! :) Now I ready for TenRen!

susannah

It was great to meet y'all!! WarriorMonk...I'm soooo sorry I missed you. My husband said y'all were calling for me. I was preoccupied trying to find the stage on the map for Tartanic...which I missed every show on Saturday (we were always on the opposite side of the faire when they were playing). It's hard to rush somewhere with the renfant strapped to you! I hope to catch you next time, Warrior Monk!
Jennifer and Adam, so nice to catch up with you a few times and I look forward to seeing y'all again. We MUST take a group shot next time. My mommy brain failed me in remembering to take pics...must be better about that too! Great weather, great weekend, great new friends! Huzzah!! I'll keep you posted on when we'll be attending again!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

susannah

Oh...and fairieimp!! So great to meet you! My hubby and I will be back to get those boots for him! Thanks for your help...hope you had a great opening weekend!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

amy

What a fantastoc introduction to the GARF!   We have never felt so warmly welcomed and met so many lovely folk and friends.   We were so happy to share greetings with BamaWoodsman, Princess BG, Fairieimp, Aavid, Warrior Monk, as well as many members of the cast and company.  A highlight had to be walking through the gates and being greeted by the King's Royal Guard to invited us to Join Queen Anne on the dias as her guests during the Queen's joust.  Awarding the gold medals to the victors was very exciting.  What great spots in the shade we had!  Sarah was beaming!   Tartanic kept us dancing and we laughed and ate and drank until we could no more. Thank you all for such a wonderful day!  Pics will be coming hopefully tonight.

The Scotsquatch

Thank you everyone who stopped by and said hi!  We had the best opening weekend we ever had at GARF.  It was a blast!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

fairieimp

Quote from: susannah on April 19, 2010, 08:15:12 AM
Oh...and fairieimp!! So great to meet you! My hubby and I will be back to get those boots for him! Thanks for your help...hope you had a great opening weekend!

:D
It was a pleasure meeting you and your family!
My opening weekend *at the faire* was fantastic!

Thanks to EVERYONE who stopped by to say hello to me! :) <3
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

I can't believe I was remiss in mentioning that I did meet with the King, Henry VIII and his court to include his wife Anne. I chose the most opportune time (immediately following a visit with the Court by Lady Amy and her daughter....aka- Elizabethan Shock & Awe  :P) to press the case of a reinstatement of the Order of the Temple in England with all previous privileges and rights. This effort went well as he and the court members were still enchanted by the previous visitors and hadn't yet noticed the unshaven and dusty Brother of the Temple before them, just recently returned from the Outremer.

As a token of our new found desire for friendship and support, the Order bestowed upon his royal Majesty, a simple coin with the engravings of the Templar Cross on one side, and the image of the Archangel Gabriel on its reverse to look over the court, and ensure a safe and lasting friendship.

Deus vult!