News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pre-Cannon tailgate

Started by DonaCatalina, April 09, 2010, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacKee

Quote from: Merlin on April 11, 2010, 08:03:48 PM
Where was everyone today?

I saw a few but couldn't find many that I was seeking.

MacKees?

Rendezvous.

Aye, my brother, it's not that we were invisible...we weren't there   The clan decided to head back to Magnolia early. Sorry we missed the donning of the Gunn tartan

Catch ya next time my kilted brother
The Order of Culloden Moor

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Merlin on April 11, 2010, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: redkimba on April 11, 2010, 08:46:12 PM
I was at the opening day.  It was so neat to see most of you.  I spotted the Merlin; I would have said hi, but I really didn't know what to say since I only lurk here....
Am I that scary? I left off the makeup and tamed down the "Dark Wizard"... always say "Hi" to Merlin.... I'm a likable person...really.

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on April 11, 2010, 08:54:08 PM
I was at the opening day.  It was so neat to see most of you.  I spotted the Merlin; I would have said hi, but I really didn't know what to say since I only lurk here....

Well HI is a good start ;) ;)

Seee..... he's easy.

"Let's see if he recognizes me... without the hair"

Now... Sunday I was kilted and a few passed me without noticing me.... it happens.

Saturday will be Merlin the Wizard.... Sundays are Merlin the Scottish Gunn.

Well, when I saw you as Merlin last year, I thought "man, I bet he scares the little ones, but that's really cool garb!"  Then I finally got to meet you both days this weekend, and you were very friendly both times, and yes, you are likable person :)
See you at RenDezvous!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I was at the opening day.  It was so neat to see most of you.  I spotted the Merlin; I would have said hi, but I really didn't know what to say since I only lurk here....
Am I that scary? I left off the makeup and tamed down the "Dark Wizard"... always say "Hi" to Merlin.... I'm a likable person...really.

Don't feel bad, Merlin... i posted a picture of myself, on the McLot site and kinda got the same response... of course to see me in the picture, you had to look past the open bore of a 12 gauge...   :o  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyStitch

Well the Pink Pirate and I were there early and went over to the scottish flags, and were imediatlly given a look of "eat crud and die"  either people mistook us for someone else, or something.  I saw a few people but we may just try to get there even earlier and see who we can meet.  We want to do a cannon to cannon this next weekend. We rarely get to do that.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 12, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
Well the Pink Pirate and I were there early and went over to the scottish flags, and were imediatlly given a look of "eat crud and die"  either people mistook us for someone else, or something.  I saw a few people but we may just try to get there even earlier and see who we can meet.  We want to do a cannon to cannon this next weekend. We rarely get to do that.

We saw you from a distance Lady. We also went up to a couple of groups that looked at us like we were poison, but we've got that from select groups before. Most faire folke are friendly and welcoming and watch out for "new blood" to make them feel comfortable and welcoming. As a student of sociology I have my ideas as to why some groups aren't as friendly, but that's a whole other topic.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

LadyStitch

I have to say that when I am with a group of rennies it is the most comfortable I can feel.  And yeah most rennies are good people.  We had a laugh at a McDonalds when we got breakfast.  The truck in front of us had rennies in it, and then us.  Needles to say the cashiers were a little freaked but ok.  What made it more funny was that when we parked , that truck was right next to us.  We even chatted about the places lack of service.  ;D

EDIT: BTW if you see us but we don't see you, yell at us.

Ryk Rakham

Same here. Give us a yell if you see us. It is cool when driving down on Saturday morning, coming in on 287 from Ft. Worth, and waving at all the pre-garbbed folks.

We drove down on Saturday morning and the folks at the McDonald's in Decatur did the same thing. It's really funny to think what they were wondering. I had a guy at a gas stop last year ask me if I was in a Lord of the Rings play at the college or something (in Gainesville). I told him where we were going, but sometimes I just want to say something like "i'm a time traveler from the 16th century, can you tell me the way to the jousting arena?"

See you at the Faire!
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Merlin

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on April 12, 2010, 07:30:54 AM
I was at the opening day.  It was so neat to see most of you.  I spotted the Merlin; I would have said hi, but I really didn't know what to say since I only lurk here....

Don't feel bad, Merlin... i posted a picture of myself, on the McLot site and kinda got the same response... of course to see me in the picture, you had to look past the open bore of a 12 gauge...   :o  ;D

Fraser...my brother... I have seen a picture of you before. I cry at night when I can't get that image out of my mind....  you were a cheerleader?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

DonaCatalina

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 12, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
Well the Pink Pirate and I were there early and went over to the Scottish flags, and were immediately given a look of "eat crud and die"  either people mistook us for someone else, or something.  I saw a few people but we may just try to get there even earlier and see who we can meet.  We want to do a cannon to cannon this next weekend. We rarely get to do that.

I'm sorry but I didn't see you. Look for the Spanish Imperial banner, guaranteed friendly people.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

LOL!  THAT was thanks to our Order Brother, Richard, Lord of Ballzack.  He gets bored, he photoshops... i seem to be his favorite target but some of it's justified considering the hell I've given him since before TRF last year.

*he has some other titles but they would be edited by this site*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Oh, BTW, Merlin... Welcome to the Order of Culloden Moor, Brother.  Lairde MacKee put forth your name the last time him & I talked and i seconded it.

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Merlin

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on April 12, 2010, 10:20:25 AM
Oh, BTW, Merlin... Welcome to the Order of Culloden Moor, Brother.  Lairde MacKee put forth your name the last time him & I talked and i seconded it.

Now we are bonded as brothers.

Please no more cheerleader photos though.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

squiregaby

Since I can't come and visit you people.....troop your happy selves over to the Lists to say good morning :P
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

joan of arc

Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:40:24 AM
Since I can't come and visit you people.....troop your happy selves over to the Lists to say good morning :P

Yeah, really, what Squire Gaby said.
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

LadyStitch

I'll try to drag the pink pirate and our friends over to the joust this weekend.  ;D