News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pre-Cannon tailgate

Started by DonaCatalina, April 09, 2010, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkimba

I will try to be braver next time.

Quote from: Merlin on April 11, 2010, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: redkimba on April 11, 2010, 08:46:12 PM
I was at the opening day.  It was so neat to see most of you.  I spotted the Merlin; I would have said hi, but I really didn't know what to say since I only lurk here....
Am I that scary? I left off the makeup and tamed down the "Dark Wizard"... always say "Hi" to Merlin.... I'm a likable person...really.

angusmacinnes

Merlin keep talking that way about me and I may adopt you.  ;D

Enjoy the races and we will see you in 2 weeks.

I can hardly wait for next weekend now.  Was good meeting all the fine folks I had time to chat with.  See ya'll Saturday.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Merlin

Cousin Angus.... you made my video !

I'll be seeing you in 2 weeks... perhaps marching with you. Since it's Scottish weekend and I will be sporting my family tartan kilt... Clan Gunn.... perhaps i'll get an invite to participate in the parade. Either way cousin... I'm sure I'll have a few drops in me flask with yer name on them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stunts4film?feature=mhw5
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Al-Nimer

Quote from: joan of arc on April 12, 2010, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:40:24 AM
Since I can't come and visit you people.....troop your happy selves over to the Lists to say good morning :P

Yeah, really, what Squire Gaby said.

Maybe I'll try to come over and say 'Hi' pre-cannon, since I'll probably already be down that way at Ivanhoe.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

squiregaby

Quote from: Al-Nimer on April 12, 2010, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: joan of arc on April 12, 2010, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: squiregaby on April 12, 2010, 10:40:24 AM
Since I can't come and visit you people.....troop your happy selves over to the Lists to say good morning :P

Yeah, really, what Squire Gaby said.

Maybe I'll try to come over and say 'Hi' pre-cannon, since I'll probably already be down that way at Ivanhoe.
Pre-cannon you'll have to pop backstage to say hi because we'll be working like madwomen getting our ponies and ourselves dressed before cannon :P
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

DonaCatalina

Quote from: DonaCatalina on April 09, 2010, 10:33:19 AM
3rd - 4th Row from the left, depending on traffic, there will be a pre-cannon meet and greet.
Look for all the vehicles parked close to the gate with all the flags, mostly Scottish ones.

The parking area is FOF only but even if you can't park there you can walk by on your way to the gate.
Come by and say 'hi' and join the party.
This is the same area that the tailgate party will be set up for RenDevous weekend.

Just an added note - those of us in the parking usually wander over to the gate by about 9:30-9:45. So you might not see us in the parking lot if you don't arrive before then.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyStitch

If it is after 9:30 check by the gate first, and THEN go hunting for you if you are not there yet.  Sounds reasonable.  We didn't get there until 9:40-45 ish Saturday which may explain why we didn't see many of you.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 13, 2010, 10:39:17 AM
If it is after 9:30 check by the gate first, and THEN go hunting for you if you are not there yet.  Sounds reasonable.  We didn't get there until 9:40-45 ish Saturday which may explain why we didn't see many of you.

We came sliding in a little late Saturday (about 11) so we missed the chance to say hello in the parking area, but made it early Sunday and was able to meet quite a few folks. We will be there for openin' gate on Saturday this weekend, but likely will only make it for that one day.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

DonaCatalina

Two more days! I'm almost as excited as I was before opening.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Var Greyshadow

We'll see you on Saturday morning!!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are headed to the castle with the big silver dragon and headed to Scarby - see you all at faire!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Kett

Yanno, I just went back and read the original post...and Dona mentions the 3rd/4th row. While it *IS* the 3rd/4th row if you're local and familiar, it is technically labelled as row 12.

Just thought if we had out of towners not familiar with the set up of the rows, they might be horribly confused looking for us over at the other end of the parking lot!

THELADYKAT

The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

Al-Nimer

If I get there early enough (8:30ish), I may wander over before treading on in to the BDT booth.  Since I am performing, I have to be at BDT dressed & ready to go by about 9am so we can make the performer meeting.   :-\
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 15, 2010, 10:49:17 PM
Yanno, I just went back and read the original post...and Dona mentions the 3rd/4th row. While it *IS* the 3rd/4th row if you're local and familiar, it is technically labelled as row 12.

Just thought if we had out of towners not familiar with the set up of the rows, they might be horribly confused looking for us over at the other end of the parking lot!

Thank you!
I can never remember the actual row number!
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess