News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pre-Cannon tailgate

Started by DonaCatalina, April 09, 2010, 10:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArielCallista

I can't make saturday cuz i'll be moving...but im hoping for sunday...depends on work schedule...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

DonaCatalina

See you guys in the morning. We will have wine and chocolate cake.  :o
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyStitch

Wine and chocolate cake you say?  Hmmm.... I might be able to kick the pink pirate out of bed early for that.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

squiregaby

Smuggle? :D....I'll be where I always am....except much later than usual....
I've got a final exam on saturday morning :(
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

DonaCatalina

Tomorrow we will be loading up the car for another wonderful day at Scarborough village.
Such a nice chore to look forward to for a change.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

As of now, I will be out at Scarby on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing everyone! :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

AislinnOFarrell

Quote from: LadyStitch on April 12, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
Well the Pink Pirate and I were there early and went over to the scottish flags, and were imediatlly given a look of "eat crud and die"  either people mistook us for someone else, or something.  I saw a few people but we may just try to get there even earlier and see who we can meet.  We want to do a cannon to cannon this next weekend. We rarely get to do that.

I just would like to clarify something real quick...  There are a couple of groups with Scottish flags.  We are one of them.  We are always on Row 12 near the front and the flags are on a red truck with a black truck parked next to it.  There's usually a huge gaggle of people - mostly, but not all, Scots.  The black truck belongs to my husband and I and tends to be the center of the gaggle.  If it was our group you encountered, I find it hard to believe any of them would've looked at you, or anyone else, in that manner, and if it was perceived as such, I'm positive it was not intended that way.

EVERYONE is always welcome to join our gaggle of rabble.  Most of us are running crazy getting dressed, having various conversations about multiple topics and drinking is involved, LOL!  If you are going to be attending this closing weekend, please stop by the black truck and ask for Lady Aislinn. I'll make a point to stop dressing - since that's usually what I'm doing - and bid you warm welcome and apologies for anything that may or may not have happened and/or been misunderstood.

DonaCatalina

3rd - 4th Row from the left, (Row 11 or Row 12 with a thank you to Lady Kett) depending on traffic, there will be a pre-cannon meet and greet.
Look for all the vehicles parked close to the gate with all the flags, mostly Scottish ones.
This is the same group that Aislinn O'Farrell is referring to. We drive a gold Saturn and usually are parked next to Sir Patrick's white truck with King Pin Enterprises on it.
The parking area is FOF only but even if you can't park there you can walk by on your way to the gate.
Come by and say 'hi' and join the party.

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

At what time do these pre-cannons tend to begin?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

8:00am.
Well last week it was 7:40am but that was sheer accident.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

We are going to take it easy this weekend and meander in sometime after opening cannon.  Are we still meeting up at The Dirty Duck for R/F meet and greet after parade?  That is a great spot, lots of shade :)

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

julessweetie

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on May 25, 2010, 05:15:23 PM
We are going to take it easy this weekend and meander in sometime after opening cannon.  Are we still meeting up at The Dirty Duck for R/F meet and greet after parade?  That is a great spot, lots of shade :)

I knew it!  I knew that 6:30 AM in the parking lot thing was BS!  lol ;)  (j/k)

*makes mental note*

+ one arm punch...

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

The one time we waited until nearly cannon to arrive, I regretted badly. The getting there early is a lot easier on the ol' bod than walking across the parking lot when we leave.
Parking space #2 is hard to beat.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess