News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St. Vincent College Renaissance Festival Sat, April 17th 12N to 4PM

Started by Capt Spleen, April 10, 2010, 02:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Spleen

Hear Ye, Hear Ye,
His Majesty the King
Requests your presence at the Saint Vincent College Renaissance Fest!

April 17 from noon-4 in conjunction with
the Saint Vincent College Spring Fest

300 Fraser Purchase Rd, Latrobe PA, 15650

Come take part in the games and events of the Royal Court of King Henry VIII. Enjoy fencing exhibitions, performances, and story time with the Queen. Take part in a scavenger hunt with the chance to be knighted, ransom your professors from the stocks, and dance with the Royal Princesses. Make your very own crown or sword, and join in the fun! Everyone is welcome and we hope to see you there.

For More Information Email
Jessica.Fick@email.stvincent.edu

*This is a FREE event*

arbcoind

This sounds like fun!  Any one else planning on going?

Gina

Lady Celynn

Sounds like a great time...Rick and I will try to fit it into our schedule.  We're always ready for a good Ren fest. We just got back from Renncon and it was a great time.

Capt Spleen

Just a fair notice:

This event has No Alcohol
                     No Vendors
                     Limited Food

But if that is a ren requesite, I would suggest an after event Gathering at a restaurant/bar in Latrobe.
You still get to gather with like minds, and be dressed in your ren finest, or funnest, scurviest, etc.
And you can surprise the after event locals.

Lady Celynn

Any suggestions for an after event place to meet, drink, eat and party?

arbcoind

I emailed Jessica for more info on this festival.  She replied that this is going to be very oriented toward children. 

Gina

arbcoind

Two possible after event gathering spots:

Sharky's Cafe or Dino's Sports Lounge.  Both on on Rt 30 just east of Latrobe airport.  Talk about freaking the mundanes!

Gina

Charity Morgan

So... Spleen... will YOU be sailing in to grace us with your presence?  Would be magnificent to see you!
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Capt Spleen

Indeed, I will be markin' Port in th' Latrobe area fer 4 'ours that day.

An it may rain/storm that day, thus "Any port in a storm!"

....... unless me bruther Sean Daniels getz tharr virst!

Th' race be on ......

Charity Morgan

OMG if'n Sean Daniels is comin' this way have 'im text me... I will send me cuzin Faith (she's the blond) to see him... but I can't be sure yet if Charity will be there... hmmm, a kiddy show.  At a local port... we should surely round up some characters fer this!

Charity Morgan

Ah, so Sean Daniels will arrive by steel dragon vessel and a handful of the locals will venture out in garb to see what King Henry VIII looks like over at St Vincents.  Should be an interestin' afternoon and a chance to get a bit of our clothing out!

arbcoind

BJ, Kevin, Barry and I will be in attendance.  Got the garb out last night...

Gina

Docamor

Except for the bitter cold, had a good time catching up and seeing familiar faces on Saturday.  I hope the event occurs next year and the weather is warmer!!

Doc
Modo liceat vivere, est spes.

Charity Morgan

It WAS chilly!  I think renaissance was just a theme for this year, but it was nice to see so many familiar faces and to interact with the St Vincents "royals"!  The fencing was fun to watch and the student singing opera was outstanding!!

chriscat53

Missed you all by a few minutes. Had to into the building to go to the rest room and when I came out you were gone.