News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Must see at faire

Started by Becky10, April 10, 2010, 10:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky10

This year I have convinced one of my friends to join me at faire AND I have convinced her to go in garb. ;D
I really want her to get the best faire experience but there are so many new shows I dont know which of the new ones are must sees.
So what shows tickle your fancy and your funny bone? I personally love Moonie and Broon and loved the Bold and Stupid men (before they left us  :( ) but what about Hey Nunnie Nunnie, Manly Men in Tights, Master Cliffnotes ect.?

I cant believe I missed opening weekend, how was it?
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Baron Dacre

opening weekend was amazing!

I recommend Serenata, Commedia, Manly Men (hilarious!) and Merry Wives...
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Carl Heinz

Since I'm moving around most of the day, I can't comment on most of the shows because I don't get a chance to see them.  I was able to watch some of the pre-faire rehearsals for such things as the Lord Mayor's Show and the opening show at the front gate.  Both of these have been changed and are worth seeing.

I had a great time this last weekend just cruising the lanes and playing with people.  The level of enthusiasm was quite high for both the guests and the participants.  Also, the weather was nice and cool which, for me, is a real plus.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Becky10

The weather looked so good this saturday, I am ike extra cautious about  the wheather after I got heat stroke last year.

I've gone to faire a number of years and I still havent been there opening day or have I seen all of Commedia. I think I'll have to change that!

Becky10

Wait a minute here, I just saw some pictures from opening weekend, did we ge a new queen?

Baron Dacre

Quote from: Becky10 on April 15, 2010, 08:23:40 PM
Wait a minute here, I just saw some pictures from opening weekend, did we ge a new queen?

Yep, Sir Robert Dudley is all new and shiny too!
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Carl Heinz

The new queen is Hanna Longdo.  Her mom, Dianne, ran The Dye Spot for many years.  She grew up at Faire.  You know you've been doing Faire for a while when you can remember the Queen as an infant. :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Annastina

Who was the Queen the last two years?  She looks so much like my mom when she was that age that it is scary.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Becky10

Fel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the old queen was Victoria Hanlin and she is English.

Carl Heinz

Hanna was Victoria's stand-in the last two years.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

JoanofWrenwyck

I highly recommend Hey Nunnie Nunnie.  Great show, even though they are at a noisy stage.  I've seen then in Arizona, Scarborough and Colorado....fun every time!

I'm visiting the faire this Saturday for the second time with my friend Kate of Wrenwyck...this weekend we will be pirates, as Grace O'Malley is visiting the Queen.  Want to hook up...we know no one at this faire.
Joni & David Aldrich, aka Lady Margaret Wyatt and Sir Anthony Lee

Becky10

Sounds like hey Nunnie Nunnie is definate must! :D
What on earth is with this weather?! It must be better by this weekend.

JoanofWrenwyck, I believe some of the other Sothern people were trying to make a get together one of these weekends. I would link you there but my computer has decided i no longer need the top half of my screen. If you see me in my black and gold (icon pic) feel free to say hello!

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!