News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

House at Faire 4/19

Started by renfairephotog, April 12, 2010, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

The preview for next week showed DR House at a ren faire.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Becky10

I just saw that and was really excited, one of the knights is my brother's friend.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Carl Heinz

It'll be interesting for us since we should be able to recognize some, if not most, of the "extras".

I know that the banners herself made for the Guild were loaned so it'll be interesting to see if they made the final cut.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

renfairephotog

Ren Faire & HOUSE!
The Renaissance Pleasure Faire is happy to have provided background performers, costumes and props for a
special episode of HOUSE.
Watch this highly acclaimed and
award-winning television series on Monday, April 19th at 8:00PM on FOX, and then come out to the Faire the following weekend to see our faire performers in person!

The episode "Knight Fall" features
House (Hugh Laurie) and his team
treating a noble knight.
Directed by 2010 Academy Award
winner Juan José Campanella.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

The Lady Mercedes

Woot woot awesome! Unfortunately I'll be at class so I'm gonna have to look for it online >:(  :(
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Dinobabe

UPDATES!  UPDATES!!

Just saw it. ;D  Great episode, though they should have spent more time at the Faire!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Becky10

Drew Murphy and that nice man by the front gate were in the crowd together and number 13 was wearing the one singer's dress from ..Brigid's Daughters(?if i am thinking of the right girls)
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Carl Heinz

I thought that the flavor was more what I've seen at SCA events than Faire, though.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Zardoz

I liked the mundane free fair they portrayed  ;D
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Carl Heinz

No guests=no gate=no playpen.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Baron Dacre

Quote from: Carl Heinz on April 20, 2010, 11:00:14 AM
No guests=no gate=no playpen.

I agree with you Carl. If I can't perform, I wouldn't go. (Which is why I chose Bristol over Maryland awhile back).

Overall for me the fun of the episode was spotting the people I know and the costumes.
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

BamaWoodsman

It wasn't a bad episode but a few things bothered me in it:

1) They had to throw in the "He's a witch!" stereotype
2) Portrayed the "Faire" as unsanitary
3) Dr. Taub constantly referenced "us" as crazy or idiots.

The episode is not going to help Faire attendance but hopefully it won't hurt attendance either.

Baron Dacre

Most (or all, from what I could see) of the background performers were from RPFS. The site was Koronaberg. (RPFS does not have a permanent home.)

I recognized a number of the costumes used as well...

House used the Shakespeare costume that was created by our costume director when "Shakespeare in Love" came out.

The woman with him used a costume currently worn by one of the women in a musical group.

The "apothecary" wore a costume that was outgrown by a young man in my previous group.

Sort of fun in that manner.
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Random Girl

Quote from: BamaWoodsman on April 20, 2010, 01:45:39 PM
It wasn't a bad episode but a few things bothered me in it:

1) They had to throw in the "He's a witch!" stereotype
2) Portrayed the "Faire" as unsanitary
3) Dr. Taub constantly referenced "us" as crazy or idiots.

The episode is not going to help Faire attendance but hopefully it won't hurt attendance either.

2)I'm sorry, but in a general sense it is unsanitary.  Not enough hand sanitizer on the planet for some of the crud that swims around festivals. 

And I don't think it's going to make a lick of difference to attendance.  I would bet maybe 10 extra people will come through the door because a tv show was filmed there...

Wow, I'm full of snarky today.  On a more happy bunny note, the episode was awesome in my opinion
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Marietta Graziella

I didn't see it last night so I just checked Fox to see if I could watch it there... not available yet.   :-\
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.