News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Themed Weekends?

Started by Butch, April 13, 2010, 10:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Does St Louis Ren Faire do themed weekends?  I was browsing through the site, and couldn't find anything in there to say if they do or not.  I saw the newsletter that talks about the new stuff this year (guard tower, weapon display, camp improvements with expanded demos), but I didn't see if there are any special goings-on for the specific weekends.

Just wondering!  We'll be there (for the first time ever) during Memorial Day weekend.

Huzzah!  Next month!

Malcolm

No themed weekends at St Louis. Just come and enjoy yourself!
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Butch

Malcolm:  Thank-you for the scoop!  We will be there, and we will enjoy ourselves!

jcbanner

Quote from: Butch on April 13, 2010, 10:15:53 PM
Does St Louis Ren Faire do themed weekends?  I was browsing through the site, and couldn't find anything in there to say if they do or not.  I saw the newsletter that talks about the new stuff this year (guard tower, weapon display, camp improvements with expanded demos), but I didn't see if there are any special goings-on for the specific weekends.

Just wondering!  We'll be there (for the first time ever) during Memorial Day weekend.

Huzzah!  Next month!

I might have been a little ambitious with my project lists,  yes, there are some significant improvements, but most of them aren't the type of things that would be noticed (Who other then the performer on stage really notices a resurfaced platform?).  but I'm still working on them.  and the ground work is being layed to do some aethetic improvments before the piratefest.

I believe that we had themed weekends once apon a time, but they weren't working out too well for us.  we might try them again some time in the future though.

Bossmare

The Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire used to have themed weekends, many moons ago . . . it was not that they didn't work out, but that there wasn't enough volunteer staff to work out the details . . . used to have great hopes of restoring them, though.