News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lodging - VARF

Started by Lupa, April 14, 2010, 10:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupa

Where is everyone staying during Memorial Day weekend?
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

Master James

Well I'm on cast so I'm on site in my camper.  ;D  I'm looking into options for the Family now and will post it out here as soon as I can run them all down.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

GoldenGoose

There is a Quality Inn and a Holiday Inn Express right at the Thornburg exit as you get off 95 to head to the faire. Sportsman's Lodge is an option close the Faire site, but it's small and...um, rustic?

I head up 95 an exit to exit 126 where you'll find a Days Inn, Econolodge, Super 8, Ramada and several others. Look for hotels that say "Fredericksburg South" or are on Jefferson Davis Highway, near exit 126/I-95. They are often less expensive than the Thornburg exit hotels, albeit another 8 minutes away. On the other hand, there are LOTS of dining opportunities there, as opposed to the Thornburg exit. 

Feline Groovy

I'll second the drive up to exit 126.  I've stayed at both the Quality Inn and the Holiday Inn at exit 118 and you can get nicer rooms for less just up the road.  Not to mention more food options. 
Where was I going and how do I get there?

will paisley

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on April 22, 2010, 06:25:42 AM
I'm making the trek to VARF June 5th. I looked into hotels locally and the only ones available are in Fredericksburg or just south of there. I cannot believe there aren't any little no tell motels along the way tho.  Still the rates weren't bad and 20 minutes drive onto the grounds, isn't awful.

There is a hotel slightly past the faire, exactly as you describe.  Some of the further-away minstrels stay there on rehearsal weekends, and I'll ask them the name of the place this Saturday.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

~pixie~

Quote from: will paisley on April 22, 2010, 11:45:46 AM
I'm making the trek to VARF June 5th. I looked into hotels locally and the only ones available are in Fredericksburg or just south of there. I cannot believe there aren't any little no tell motels along the way tho.  Still the rates weren't bad and 20 minutes drive onto the grounds, isn't awful.

There is a hotel slightly past the faire, exactly as you describe.  Some of the further-away minstrels stay there on rehearsal weekends, and I'll ask them the name of the place this Saturday.

that's where Chelsey Joe's restaraunt is, i believe. 
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

will paisley

Quote from: ~pixie~ on April 23, 2010, 01:44:29 PM
Quote from: will paisley on April 22, 2010, 11:45:46 AM

that's where Chelsey Joe's restaraunt is, i believe. 

That's the one - Lake Anna Lodge.

From what I was told, they fill up quick.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

cw0203

there's also Christopher Run Campground on 522 about 15 to 20 minutes from the Faire
"Can't stand rude behaviour in a man, won't tolerate it" Woodrow F. Call

Master James

OK I've done some looking and here is what I've found, at least for Memorial Day weekend when the M'Crack Family Gathering will be.  Prices may be lower for other weekends as they are not holidays.

Fredericksburg, VA is the probably the best and closest to the faire as there is plenty of eating choices and good hotels.

Marriott Townplace Suites:
-2 to a room for $99, 4 to a room for $119 or 6 for $169 (2 bedroom suite).  These are full suites with full kitchens.  You might be able to get more than the 4 or 6 in there but that is just what the number of beds provides.

Ramada: $52 a night for 2 in 1 room

Country Inn and Suites: $63 a night for 2 in one room

Days Inn: $44 a night for 2 in one room

Quality Inn: $83 a night for 2 in one room

Hampton Inn and Suites: $95 a night for 2 in one room

Fairfield Inn: $99 a night for 2 in one room

Super 8 Motel: $42 a night for 2 in one room

Travelodge: $45 a night for 2 in one room

Econo Lodge: $43 a night for 2 in one room

Hope this helps everyone out and I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lupa

We are staying at the Hampton Inn... they have FREE Breakfast as well!
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

Naylees

Hey all!!  My name is Tifany Waterfield.

Aka Lady Naylees from Ireland.

I live in Norfolk VA and in the military looking to be at the renfair the weekend of the 12th!

Is any one out there have room for some one some what low on budget?

AKA  I cant go to the fair AND pay for a whole room to myself for the weekend and such! If you work the fair I am more than wiling to work and help on chores!

If not I can go halves or you ride with me to the fair anything  I realy realy want to go please let me know Thanks!

Oh I am 29 and we can even exchange numbers to chat before hand.  I dont smoke but I do fair drink!  I am out going and just looking for some one willing to help so I can go to the fair!  Thanks!!