News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Questions on hiring festival performers outside festival

Started by Ambrosine, April 14, 2010, 10:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrosine

We are planning a Pirate party for my son and husbands birthday (they share the same day). A friend of mine came up with the idea of hiring a belly dancer or other style performer from that type of period. I have no clue how much something like this would cost. This will be about a medium sized party with about 40 guest coming adults and children, so I do think it would be a good idea to have some sort of entertainment. The majority of the guest will be fellow R/F member and some of my family.
How much would you charge for your services? Deposits involved? Would you be willing to do a birthday party? What minimum amount of time would you be willing to perform? What Maximum?
Would it be better to find local ren faire performers or contact one of those entertainment services that I would have no clue how this person looks or performs (this mainly being on the belly dancing part)?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

OH! And any other Local BARF R/F people if you have not seen our Facebook invite let me know if you would like to come. It will be May 1st in Land O Lakes. Food will be provided and its BYOB and GARB is required! I will post more info in the BARF area about it!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

temper

have sent you a PM, good luck with the folks from Bristol-also try party booking sites
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

Ambrosine

Thanks Temper for giving me your information. As I pm'd you wish you were local to me!

Just wanted to clarify I'm in the Bay Area Renaissance Festival area in Tampa. Didn't realize Bristol had the same anagram  ;)

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

What dates, M'lady?  We, The Brigands, will perform at everything from Faires to Leaf Burnings to funerals. We are going to be in Tampa for the John Levique Pirate Festival in June.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Ambrosine

ohhh lordy, Captian its this weekend! Jump onto this thread and you will get more details about it.
I believe the entertainment has been put on the back burner as the actual performers that I contacted could not make it or the lovely agency never bothered to call me back (some people may want to check out who they have working for them and wether they are doing their job :-\  )
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=11441.0