YeOldeRF

Author Topic: Renaissance Magazine has ceased publishing!  (Read 128 times)

Offline BubbleWright

• R/F.com Member
Renaissance Magazine has ceased publishing!
« on: September 08, 2020, 10:23:21 PM »
Renaissance Magazine has ceased publishing. Received the following e-mail:
It is with great sadness that we announce the insolvency and closure of Renaissance Magazine, first published in 1996. The company cannot offer any cash compensation for unfulfilled subscriptions due to its insolvency, but to serve our supporters as best as possible, we have made all 27 issues that exist in digital format available for free download on our website. The site will remain available until the end of May 2021.

https://renaissancemagazine.com/digital-issues/?fbclid=IwAR1c2-KqYPFhw0ZIWpip42HmmByu-D4PROz8AysKmmm9TCjjerUp8MHH-68
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Offline Pirateleach

• R/F.com Member
Re: Renaissance Magazine has ceased publishing!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:00:40 AM »
Sad, I briefly had a subscription.

Its not easy for magazines to keep printing in these days of internet and the slow down of pandemic. I have worked in the printing supply industry for almost 20 years now and I have never seen it this slow.

Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

Offline Lord Clisto of York

• Legendary R/F.com Member
  • Invictus Maneo
    • Sir Clisto Severswords Tome of Adventure and Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 08:14:50 PM »
I got the same e-mail. Its a shame, but the cost is high to maintain. Its advertising ads were getting pretty high to. I personally could not afford to be in it any longer as well.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Offline Craigmeister

• True R/F.com Member
  • Craigmeister of Meistersrealm.com
    • Meister's Realm
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »
That is sad to see, Lord Clisto but thank you for the info.  Maybe someday they can come back as solely an online magazine.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in America

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF