News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Themed Birthday Party May 1st

Started by Ambrosine, April 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrosine

Hello Everyone!
As some of you already know from our Facebook invite we plan to have my son and husbands birthday party on May 1st. I know its the day before Scurvy Day on May 2ND so I hope that some of you can make it. It will be pirate theme and GARB is a requirement  ;D . We will be providing hotdogs,hamburgers, pulled pork. It will be BYOB as I can not afford some of your drinking habits  :P . If any one would like to help contribute to food that would be greatly appreciated. There may be anywhere from 20-30 people coming maybe more. There will be a few children (maybe 8 including my own) but they will mainly be family and very close friends so do not fear about coming as you! It's a pirate party and bawdiness should be expected.
I'm also trying to do some surprise things for the boys as well. We are trying to find some type of entertainment,I've contacted the Amazing Kenny and the other thought is a belly dancer, if anyone has connections send me a pm. I'm also looking into getting a keg but have never done this before so I learned I have to have a keg tap?? Any one have one so I do not have to rent one??
Anyone who knows us feel free to come! Presents are not expected! We just want you! Rum is always good though! Party will probably start at 1:00 and end who knows when!

Please let me know if you would like to come and I will PM you directions. We are in Land O Lakes off 41.
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger

Esperanza McDaniels

Wish David and I could make it for this, but I have to work since I have the day off for Scurvy.  Hope you have the best day.  David is an acquaintance of the Demzarrah Gypsies, but they are in Safety Harbor and I'm not sure what they would charge you for their time and travel, but if you're interested, I can have him contact them.  (Or I can contact them, LOL)
Esperanza McDaniels
Pilot for The Harbinger

Bite'n Penny
Cruise Director of The Clan O'Conchobhair

Ambrosine

It would be awesome if we could get Serena, or Jennifer I believe is her real name, to come. Aidan is in LOVE with her. I think my David was going to invite her, they are facebook friends, but I don't know if he ever did. Our room mate Chez is the one that really wants to hire someone, he's got money to burn since he has two jobs and lives with us! So he told me to get pricing on people and let him know.
So you know the party is going to be going on for awhile, so I don't know what time you guys actually get off of work. We will start the party at 1:00 (mainly for the kidos) but with our group it most likely will not end untill late.

Squire Mickey

I will ask Dredmor to bring his black powder and he can do some demonstrations for the kids.

I well may have mine in by then as well. We may need to warn your neighbors though so they don't call the cops  ::)
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ambrosine

Duly noted  ;D I was going to inform them of the ruckas anyway since there seems to be alot of pirates planning to join us!

Mickey: I was also going to ask Dredmor myself if he would be willing to set up some of your booth set up. I think that would help in the decor area especially the little table and pirate throne. Do you think he may be up for that? I was going to PM him on Facebook as that is the only contact I have for him. And I wanted to ask him NOT have David randomly ask in his special way ::)

Squire Mickey

Amber,

Spoke with Dredmor. Setting up the booth is not going to be possible. Too difficult to get all of that out of storage and over to your place and after to it tear down.

However, he is on board for the black powder displays for the kids.
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Ambrosine

aww darn, we will think of some other decor then! Thanks for asking though!

Awesome about the black powder though. How do you think our community is going to react to this though? I'm going to make the rounds to our neighbors that are close to us but our houses are closer together in our section then yours. How loud is this really going to get? We also have to police officers that live on our street. I may make special trips to them, but then again I don't want them to say" Well this is not something that is legal to do in a community of this type" ???

Squire Mickey

I'll ask to see what the ordnance is. Really, it is like shooting blanks. It doesn't sound so much like a modern gun as a cannon or a fire cracker (although a large one).
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Lady DArbanville

Lady Raven,
I will be in attendance after all.
Also, Treeman will be there. So two more on the list!
*hugs*
The Irish Penny Brigade
Beer'n of the Clan O'Ceallaig
Special Projects

Lady Isabelle D'Arbanville,
Privateer, First Lady of the Harbinger
IFRP #1205. Tampa Bay

Wench, IWG #3510, Local 21
Tampa Bay

Larien Telemnar of Laughlorien

Kate

I will be there too, but you know that already!  I'm incredibly excited for next week's pirating and my temporary houseguest!  Bring wine, Lady D!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

AWESOME!! Can not wait to see you Lady D! And of course Kate I know you will be there  :P

Which tree man is it that is coming?? David told me this last night but I'm not familiar with him. Is he the one that does the "hedge fund" and actually dresses up to blend with the trees or David asked if he's the one that is on stilts usually with a fairy? Just wondering who and also wondering how he plans to dress?? J/K I'm sure he will be a pirate! My 5 year old niece that is going to be there was scared by the hedge fund. He was in the other costume to blend in with the trees and while she was passing by completely unaware of him he spooked her BIG time when she walked by  ;D I wish I could have seen it but of course my brother went a weekend that I was working. CAN... NOT... WAIT!! I want to get dressed all piratey NOW!

Kate

None of the above, Amber.  Treeman is our friend Bill.  You saw him at Mickey's booth I'm sure.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Ambrosine

Awwww now I know!! David just got finished telling me who is was too! I didn't know his name! Gotta say I got all the girls names :) but very few guys. Awesome I can't wait untill next weekend!

Kate

I'm bringing stuff for strawberry daquiris and possibly some homemade salsa.

I found a few decorations, but nothing much.  I'll bring them Saturday.

Can't wait!!
Kate
Pink'n Penny