News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for bodice help!!

Started by Lady Annabelle, April 15, 2010, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Annabelle

Well, first off, I'm new here...GARF is my home faire, and my name is Amanda :-)

Anyway, I had a baby in January of 2009, and took a break from faire.  I'm ready to get back into it, and with less than a week to go, I'm suddenly faced with the fact that my bodices...ALL OF THEM...no longer fit me.  I'm thinking I can relace one or two to fit better, but I don't want to look ridiculous, and it be obvious I'm wearing a bodice a size or two too small for me. 

Can ANYONE give me some suggestions or advice?  Or is my best bet to suck it up, go in 'danes the on Opening Day, and buy a new one?

Thank you so much in advance!!

DonaCatalina

You didn't say what type of bodices you have. Can you add a piece of fabric under the lacing to 'fill in the gap' so to speak?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Annabelle

Ahh, yes, sorry about that.

I have one black brocade Classic Bodice from Crimson Gypsy, and two Max bodices (one is black brocade the other is teal brocade) from Moresca.  What kind of fabric?

raevyncait

The Maxes you may be able to loosen more on the sides than in the back. Remember that nowhere does it say that a lacing point has to close completely to "fit".  Actually, when all lacing points on my bodices or corsets are nearly completely closed, I consider it time to start looking at the next size down, so that I can start saving my money to replace what no longer fits.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

BamaWoodsman

I'm no help on the bodice front but I wanted to encourage you to post in the GaRF area if you will be there this weekend. I have a running tally of those members who will be there this weekend so that we can try to all meet.

Excuse the ad and now back to the bodice discussion.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on April 15, 2010, 04:50:38 PM
Ahh, yes, sorry about that.

I have one black brocade Classic Bodice from Crimson Gypsy, and two Max bodices (one is black brocade the other is teal brocade) from Moresca.  What kind of fabric?
Raevyncait has more experience with this type of bodice than I do. But if you wanted to put fabric under the lacings it could be any piece of fabric that compliments it, sometimes you can even find the match in the fabric for uphostelty stores.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

I have a Crimson Gypsy bodice.  Does yours have 4 lacing sides?  If so, just keep them looser on the sides and wear until you find a new bodice that you are happy with.   :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88