News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Houston Highland Games and Celtic Festival

Started by Zardoz, April 16, 2010, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

It's about a month away, but if you're in the area mark your calenders!
The 38th Annual Houston Highland Games and Celtic Festival is coming up May 15 & 16, 2010 at Houston Farm & Ranch Club.

http://www.houstonhighlandgames.com/index.htm

Hope to see ya' there!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Taffy Saltwater

Oh, Yay!  That's just up the street from me and sounds like fun.  Thanks for posting this.
Sveethot!

KiltedPrivateer

As always we'll be there.  Possibly stationed in the info booth.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

dbaldock

Thanks for the Reminder.

I'll try to come out and take some pictures that weekend.  It's been a few years since I visited - usually I forget to check for when it is, until after it's over.  :(

(It's funny that I've been living in Houston since 2003, but I still remember that the North Texas Irish Festival (at Fair Park in Dallas) is always the first weekend of March, and the North Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games (at UT Arlington) is always the first weekend of June.)

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

The Rogue Gambit

i look forward to this and not too far to travel either, i love five min drives  :)
Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

Zardoz

Hope to see y'all there, I'll be helping out at the Irish Heritage Assoc. booth, so look me up.
IBRSC# 1619,

meauho

Graduation weekend for college campuses across the state.
Guess I'll be missing it.
"New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed,without any other reason but because they are not already common."

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

Pascal

LadyJessica

It always falls on my Dad's birthday.  I'll have to see what I can do about coming out on Saturday.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Deckard And Zhora

Woo hooo! I can't believe this is here again this year. Last year when I went it was POURING and Clandestine did their second performance to a small group of us, unamplified in a very casual setting...it was pretty cool.

SO hopefully there will be nice weather and lots of kilts!  ::)

LadyJessica

Well there is a GOOD possibility that I will be there on Saturday!  ;D
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Zardoz

Just giving this a bump since it's this weekend, and I want to let everyone know there will be a "warm-up" party for the Houston Highland Games on Friday Night, May 14th at the Houston Tilted Kilt, 2000 Hwy 6 South.

Hope to see ya' there!

http://houston.tiltedkilt.com/index.php
IBRSC# 1619,

meauho

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on April 19, 2010, 03:31:39 PM
Graduation Party Hopping are ya?  (o:

I have friends graduating on Friday. 
I'm graduating on Saturday. 
Family in town for whole weekend.
Yeah, bad weekend.
"New ideas are always suspected, and usually opposed,without any other reason but because they are not already common."

dbaldock

I mentioned the Highland Games on the League City Photography Meetup.com Group, and there are several people from the group who are planning to be photographing at the games.

I'm hoping to make it out there by 10 AM, to see Teribus on the Main Stage.  Also looking forward to seeing Maggie Drennon, Celtaire String Band, Ed Miller, Houston Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, Clandestine, etc.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Taffy Saltwater

Since there is no Clan Trujillo tartan I'll be out in my civilian uniform, aka jeans & Stones tee.  Will try to wear a top hat so you'll know me.  I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Sveethot!

KiltedPrivateer

If I'm not working the field gate I'll be walking around with wife and daughter.  I may be in my blue bonnet or a Utilikilt.  Haven't decided yet.
Lover of Lady Kitara

-:-Juju-:-

The man and I are planning on coming out to the games Sunday!

I wish I had my official Irvine Tartan gear but it won't arrive in time, so i'll settle for wearing as much Blackwatch scarves/etc that I can over my danes :)

Hope to see y'all there! <3
"To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate"
Time flies when yer havin' rum!
McLotofus | PhoenixRisen | GearheadGamerGeekGirl