News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Upgrade Glory!!!

Started by Cilean, April 16, 2010, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cilean

A friend who is retired from the IRS kindly looked over our Taxes back in February and was able to get us an additional $$$!  After paying for several things we needed like Eldest Son's new bed and computer for College and younger son's new wardrobe because he is growing that fast!

I wanted to upgrade my Designer SE, because of the hoop space it is humongous on the Diamond and well I thought if I could get it for a great price I would, I spoke to several dealers in the area and no one wanted to give me the deal I wanted for the upgrade.  So I spoke to one lady we hit it off and after chatting with her for a bit, she offered a machine someone had brought back that only had 20 hours of work on!!

So here may I present the new and improved Myst! The actual machine is not bigger than my SE

However? The Embroidery Unit? Is very much different!

As soon as I use this?? I will send you more pictures I am very excited!!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kett

Hooray and many happy sewings to you! :)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Very cool Cilean!!!

Looks like our sewing areas are similar with "organized clutter"! I see we use the same type of pins and magnet!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

LadyShadow

Oh Huzzah!!  Cant wait to see some beautiful work.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Adriana Rose

*drool*

wow! that looks like its gonna be fun to use!

Pascal

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on April 16, 2010, 08:05:23 PM
Looks like our sewing areas are similar with "organized clutter"! I see we use the same type of pins and magnet!!

I have cupcakes in my sewing room, too!

Kate XXXXXX

Some time soon I am going to have to make room for an embroidery machine as there will be a test machine coming here.  It'll be fun, but it won't be as snazzy as that!  Have a blast with it!

Cilean

Now remember I will tell you I am retarded!! I have had issues with Carpal Tonal for years and in March I had another On the Job Accident and pulled my shoulder, they are not really sure what it actually is? But I could be facing surgery on the dratted thing  :( :( :(

With this said my embroidery by hand has been even more limited, I bead as you all know and pearl and I have a lot of pain with that right now. I have something I must have done by June and I am struggling to work on it for more than 2 minutes at a time due to the pain. <grumble- Heavy bags- grumble>

It is the Software that is the MOST important, little hint too? Viking/Husqvarna will be bringing out the  5D soon, I don't know what all has been upgraded for that but my 4D was $2,500.00.  Yes I know it is a lot, but? Now that the 5D will be out the 4D will be selling at a discount.  eBay has it for $1,300.00 and less.  With the better software? You can use the Sapphire or the Topaz heck? I saw my Designer SE going for $2,500.00 and I paid $9.000.00 for it!!!
So if you spent for the SE? And the Software? Then you would have the best of both worlds!!!

Just a thought, I have not had the chance to sew on this bad boy as yet I was gone this weekend you better believe I will be doing so on my day off!!!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

BamaWoodsman

For give my ignorance, but WOW!!! I didn't think these things had much more than a pedal and some levers to make them go,  that machine looks like CNC for clothes, I'd get in trouble with the better half just for playing with it if she had something like that, lol.