News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New to the Ga Festival

Started by Lady Celynn, April 19, 2010, 09:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Celynn

Hi we're avid playtrons at the Pittsburgh Ren Festival and this will be our first time to the Ga Festival.  Anything special we should know?  What's the best place (pub?) to hang out to meet other faire goers?  We shall be there the first weekend of May and are really looking forward to it.
Lady Celynn AKA Christine

The Scotsquatch

A lot of RFers hang at the Peacock Tearoom...and of course ALL the other pubs.  Be sure to see us at Siege The Day and get pelted by marshmallows and peeps!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

susannah

There's also the Brewer's Pub near the front gate. Lots of people hang out there throughout the day and of course that's where Pub Sing is held at 5:30pm...that's not to be missed!
There's a new coronation ceremony for the king this year...I didn't catch it opening weekend, but it's on my list to attend.
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

fairieimp

Quote from: The Scotsquatch on April 19, 2010, 11:37:02 PM
A lot of RFers hang at the Peacock Tearoom...and of course ALL the other pubs.  Be sure to see us at Siege The Day and get pelted by marshmallows and peeps!

Kev

The Peacock Tearoom has the BEST sweet tea!! I have to get me a cup every faire day!
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

BamaWoodsman

Only a cup..... Every time we eat in there I seem to go through 3-4 mugs worth and then get one to go.   It is quite delicious and definitely the place to eat at GaRF.  Plus if you catch it right you can eat while listening to Tartanic, makes for quite a nice meal.

amy

Definately try to hit an event where you can meet and greet with their phoenomenal cast.  You will truly be enchanted by Queen Anne and King Henry.   They are divine to talk with, and are so truly welcoming and warm and make you feel very special.

Lady Christina de Pond

yeah just be careful the king tried to send the mayor home with me last year
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Pirateleach

Heck yeah, you should visit! Hope to raise a mug with ya in the pub!
Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

Lady Celynn

Thank you so much for the very warm welcome and we are really looking forward to the GRF.  The Peacock Tearoom and Brewers Pub sound like just the kind of places we need to be.  Where's the best place to meet and greet cast members, and what are the "must see" acts?  Hum any secret handshake?  LOL  I can tell already that this is a fun group....I think we shall fit in just fine.   8)

JonStrickland

Cast members wander about. Many of us will mill around with the guests before opening gate. Another good place to see a collection of us is at the Royal Pavilion, a small round structure just beyond the maze. Here's the schedule for the Pavilion:

12:00   The Royal Court In Residence (King Henry the Eighth and Queen Anne plus some nobles)
1:30   A Conversation with Leonardo Da Vinci
2:30   The Fairy Court in Residence (Queen Glorianna and her two faerie attendants)
3:15   Fool's Court (Lionel Lott, the Village Liar and other assorted peasants)
4:15   Dance with the Royal Court

Must see acts depend upon your interests. Tartanic has impressed me with their music, skill, charm and humor. If you like silly acrobatics, Breaking Point is quite fun, as is Barely Balanced. If you like the wildlife, the Lippizan Stallions show and the Birds of Prey show are entertaining. And there's the coronation ceremony at 1:30 where you can see King Henry the Eighth get crowned again. Oh, and you have to go to the pub sing at 5:30 at the Brewer's Pub. I'm sure everyone else will pipe up with their personal favorites.

susannah

I love Three Quarter Ale!! They play the Brewer's Pub at noon. Then become Half Pint (as Wicked Pete leaves the lasses to play)!
Also, you must check out the Nickel Shakespeare Girls performing in the lanes.
It's always fun to bump into cast members around the grounds. Chatting with the Village Liar is always a blast. You might have to answer 3 questions from the troll (sorry...can't remember his name) to get across the bridge!
The cast also joins in Pub Sing...so that's a great place to meet them (although it's the end of the day).
Susannah

JonStrickland

Ik the Troll is not in our village this season. You can find him in Tennessee, I believe.

susannah

Yes, I did know this about Ik...there is another troll...He hangs out by the sky chair booth.
His garb is a bit different this season...wish I could remember his name! It's starts with an "S" I think!
Susannah

Lady Catherine

yes, we are happy to say that TNRF is home to IK!!!! the kids LOVE him!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

fairieimp

Don't forget the Tortuga Twins! The rated "R" show at the end of the day is my favorite! :)

And you *lucky* TNRFers! I miss Ik! :(
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)