News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food & Shops at GSLRF?

Started by gem, April 21, 2010, 03:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

I may be getting a chance to visit the St. Louis fair this season! Huzzah!!

Can anyone tell me what to look forward to, food- and shopping-wise?  (I have a lot of food allergies, so I do need to be prepared, in case there's nothing there I can eat.)

Gramercy!

Myrdrinn

Well, there's plenty to look forward to, shopping wise. There are pottery shops, weapons and your usual faire items there. There are shops that sell fairy wings and some that sell colored socks. I usally try to bring extra cash, just in case. But there is an ATM on site if you need it. When it comes to food though, you might want to be prepared with your own snacks. Depending on what allergies you have, there could be quite a bit of cross-contact going on. Since some places are working with limited space, there my only be one fryer to make the fish and the fries, for example. I think that most places that sell desserts should have a list of ingredients on the packages, but it never hurts to ask. =) If all else fails, fill up on more mead. I hope this helps.

gem

Thanks, Mydrinn. I was actually looking for specifics--particular merchants to look out for, and sort of a run-down of the local eats. I can probably name everything they serve at KCRF after 9 years of season passes!  :D

Genievea Brookstone

Gem!   What weekend are you coming this way?  We would love to get together again with you and your Lord.

Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

jcbanner

we've got a decent amount of food out there this year.  but it would help to know what you've trying to avoid.

there is a food booth near the Joan of Arc Stage, (the food booth is bright green, unless they paint it, its not possible to miss) that will be serving fresh fruit and fruit smoothies (the fruit I'm told will be purchased semi locally at farmer's markets)

in the same area there is a booth that you can get things like ribs, ka-bobs, things of the like, ect

by the joust field there is King's Kakes. fried junk food, (funnel cake, fried oreos and twinkies, that sort of stuff)
next to that is I believe baked treats.

on teh other side of teh field there is a booth that has all you standard carnivle type food, hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, turkey legs, ect.

from there down the hill towards the pirate ship is a new food merchant (was also at pirate fest, but new to the renfaire)  with BBQ foods (pulled pork, grilled chicken, several types of sausage, ect.)

keep heading down that way and hang a left then quick right and you'll find more of your standard "rennie food" (cottage pie, fish and chips bangers and mash, ect)

also scattered across the site are a places you can get glazed almonds, ice cream, lemonade, lemon slushies, and a few other things that I'm forgetting.

Keep in mind, all the food places have way more then just what I'm listing, but I normally eat backstage with the performers, so I don't get a very close look at the menu's normally.

gem

JC, THANK YOU! That's *exactly* the sort of thing I was looking for! I really appreciate it.

Genievea, I will let you know (via pm) if we end up coming!!

Genievea Brookstone

Thanks Gem! We hope you can, if not we will look to the fall and see if we can get together at KC for coffee and scones.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods