News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Rendezvous: Site Tours

Started by lys1022, April 22, 2010, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lys1022

As is noted on the schedule, Lilaney and I (or her substitute, on the day that she's throwing in the Highland Games Competition) will be conducting tours of our lovely faire site on both days.  Tours will begin at 10:30 by the trees across from Gutenberg Press (just inside the gates and to the right, after the costume rental shop).

I thought that I would give a little more detail, and hopefully pique the interest of both visitors and "natives" alike.

These tours won't be the usual "And here's the pub, and here's another pub, and oh look, a pub!" tours (though I'm sure those would be immensely popular *grin*).  We are doing these tours in character, and as such, we will be talking about the Village of Scarborough as seen through our characters' eyes.  The stories that we will be telling you will be about the people and places that populate our village.  Some of these people will be characters who have been played in the past by performing company members, some will be people who figure largely in our characters' version of Scarborough history.  The site and the people who perform there have created a very richly detailed legacy, and we are very excited to share with you things that the vast majority of folks who come to the site never get to hear.

I hope that you will join us and let us show you the Scarborough that we see and hear every time we step foot on site, a Scarborough crowded with fascinating personalities and wonderful stories, and a history that is shared in the minds and hearts of hundreds of current and former performers and their characters.  Even when the site is empty during workshops, we feel all of those people and places creating a warm, comfortable home for us.

We're very excited, and hope that you let us entertain and share all of this with you!!!!
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Lady Kett

That sounds like a LOT of fun! I'm looking forward to it.

squiregaby

Lead them on by the Lists....I'd be glad to give input from my character's point of view! I'll be.....somewhere near the Lists...  Just look for the massive grey horse...and I should be attached to the other end of the rope...
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

DonaCatalina

We took the site tour Saturday. Some interesting stories. It was a beautiful day Saturday and Sunday looks even better.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess