News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Leather Pirate corset

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, February 24, 2010, 08:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Concept drawing for pirate jacket

Just got this today. It will be part of my pirate garb for faire this year (I feel the need to go pirate a couple times as everything is better with pirates) It is a all leather buckle corset. Granted their is a zipper but I pla to have a lace chemise that is off the shoulders and it will cover some of it. I also plan on taking a strip of leather and hide it as well.

The jacket is going to be burgandy with black silk puffing on the princess sleeves and the lower forearm slashing. The collar will be a solid piece not like the drawing and be black damask as will be the cuffs with gold buttons. A gold frog will be at the closer. The skirt will go to about my mid thigh and flare. I plan on having white leggings and thigh high black leather boots (They will be here tomorrow)

Lady Kathleen is making this along with another noble dress for me this year.

The noble dress will be based on a paper doll in the Tom Tierney's Henry VII and his Six wives. it will be done like the black Katherine of Aragon dress and with a gabled hood. the dress will be a forest green.

Can't wait for faire.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

robert of armstrong

Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

RumbaRue

Looks like you're going for the steampunk pirate look.
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lady de Laney is going to be rockin' hot this Renaissance Festival season in her new garb!! ;)
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Finsihed Pirate coatfor Lady DeLaney

The finished product

Sleeve detail.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

ADraeger

That corset is fierce! and the coat is gorgeous.  Love it!   :)