News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A very dear thank you.

Started by eloquentXI, April 25, 2010, 09:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

I don't know even where to start but as one of the co-planners for the 2010 Rendezvous, I have to say thank you to everyone.

Thank you for giving us a chance to show you our beautiful faire and share all of its wonders with you.
Thank you for your patience when things changed and when we made decisions on the fly.
To Scarby management, for providing an awesome sign we had no idea about beforehand and for letting us take over the tent outside and behind the Cat n' the Fiddle.
To everyone that chipped in for tailgate both mornings, for bringing tables or food, or just joining us.
The man behind the madness each morning, Merlin, there is NO way anyone could top what a kick weed puller job of handling all of it like you did, including making the nametags for everyone.
Joyce- From a hundreds of miles away, you did everything with the Rendezvous pins and did it so easily, in fact, so many people loved them that there are still some people wanting them (I think so?)

Thank you to all the men who withstood Musical Men and to the women that I managed to hip check because if I learned anything from Esc and Wenchie, its ALL about the hip check. ;-)

To those who supported us and to those that cheered us on in spirit from far away- thank you.

I arrived home with Scarby clay caked on my boots, the legendary can of SPAM, and more dear memories than I can begin to count. I cannot begin to express how lucky I felt to have met so many wonderful people and have them come to our faire.

The only thing I can say now is...when ya'll coming back and I'm ready for Rendezvous 2011 already!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Bonny Pearl

Everyone did an awesome job on this event!  I thoroughly enjoyed finally getting to meet everyone from other areas!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

LadyJessica

Thank you to Blue And Elo for putting on such a great gathering.

Thank you to Merlin for the Tailgating and the name tag pins.

And thank you to Lady Joyce for the pins.

Hope to see everyone next year!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Marietta Graziella

I'd like to add my many thanks to all of those who put in so much time, effort, and their own personal funds to make this weekend such smashing success. 
You even arranged for perfect weather!
I so very much enjoyed your faire.  The cast, the other villagers, and of course all the R/F people were so welcoming and fun.  I would love to come back again next year!

Hugs all around.   ;D :-*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Blue66669

MG, I'll set up the tarps and board the windows for ya...

Thanks to all that made it, and lotsa thanks to my counterparts. I'm so glad we didn't have to kill each other to get stuff done! Much love to everyone, I'm going to climb under a rock and hide for a couple of months LOLOL!
Blaidd Drwg

Sir Martin

To all who organized, contributed and participated - thank you for an outstanding RenDezvous weekend!  This was a most wonderful experience from start to finish.  It was an awesome time spent with R/F friends, old and new, and magic was definitely in the air!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I'd like to start by saying THANK YOU to Meggers, Blue and Merlin... without you guys, this past weekend couldn't have been as great as it was.  Meeting my fellow R/F'ers, from across the country, was most enjoyable.  You are the best of the best.  I'm glad that my first RenDezvous was also my first trip to Scarby...it made it that more special and to be dubbed "Lord of the Drink" by Queen Bonnie put it over the top.

Scarby was beyond all my expectations... vibrant, colorful and full of energy.  (Some of you may wonder how i managed to remember this considering the fight i had with Rusty Nails but given time, i remember all details from even EPIC drunks. ;D)  Some places are just there and others have a soul/vibe/feel, like a plucked lute string... Scarby is one of those places.

Once again, thank you to everyone involved in this RenDezvous.  I'm quite sure that the tales will become myths and in turn, become legends.  ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Legend is what it deserves to become!!!  There are not enough thanks to go around, and I will never forget all the wonderful people, events, sights and laughter that will forever be wrapped in the memories that are RenDezvous...  Special thanks to all of you who organized, all who traveled from far and near to attend, and to each and every one of you who made us feel so very welcome.  We adore you all, and can't wait to be with you, and to hug you all, again!  :)

HUZZAH!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Athena

A hearty thanks to everyone involved, you worked so hard to make it such a great weekend! Scarby is amazing!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Thank you ALL sooo much for all of your hard work, I had a great time. To host a event of this size is not easy.Your faire is very beautiful and what a great place to get my first faire fix of 2010!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Queen Bonnie

Hugs and thanks SO much for all who made this a great Renndevous! Elo, Merlin, Blue Lady Joyce Ann. It was perfect!
Fraser of Lovatt- you are now Lord of the Rusty nail! Many thanks! Yummy!
It was wondrous seeing so many friends from the forum! I just wish I had more time to spend with you all!
Guess we will have to do it again! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

iain robb

Yes, a thousand times, yes, thank you all who made the event so memorable. Thank you especially to the organizers! My wife and I had a wonderful time.

Blushing

Countless thank-yous to everyone who had some part in RenDevous.  It was truly a spectacular event - and the weekend sped by entirely too fast!

I raise my tankard to all of you ... and to future fun times!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I know we enjoyed ourselves!!!   :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady Renee Buchanan

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever figure out just how many people were there at RenDezvous?

Or the best estimate?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich