News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's a good weekend to visit?

Started by iain robb, February 17, 2012, 06:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

My wife and I have been trying to get up to the Georgia Renaissance Festival (from Central Florida) for years now, and since there's a possibility we'll be moving from the South early next year, we figured it's this year or never.

So what do you suggest would be a good day to visit?

How about opening day? It's hard to beat the two-for-one deal on opening day tickets. Do folks do any kind of opening day tailgate?

Are there other weekends that may be better?

Thanks!

amy

OH YESSSSS  come opening weekend!!!  That may be my only chance to get there although I do try to open and close this faire.    The buy one get one is terrific and the weather is usually pretty great too!  Not to sweltering hot.   The faces will be fresh and the jokes won't be tired out yet.  I vote you come for opening! (oh wait.. do I have a vote?  :-\)

Of course if you to to their website you can see the special acts that come through for one or  2 weekends.  That might help you decide.

And another thing  (3rd edit to this post)... I'll tailgate with you if you want!   

Captain Teague

Another of our favorite faires. On our list of possible attendance but not confirmed yet. My teague performance schedule is rapidly filling.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

JonStrickland

We've got a lot of special things going on this season at the festival. There are our themed weekends (http://www.garenfest.com/2012SpecialThemedWeekends-12) and then there's our guest performers (http://www.garenfest.com/NEW!FEATUREDGUESTPERFORMERS!-123). If those don't matter as much to you, I agree that opening weekend is a great one to shoot for. The discounts are fantastic and the weather tends to be much easier to handle than later in the season. By the end of the run, it's tough to make it through a whole day for most of our visitors (it ain't so easy for those of us in the entertainment department either).

If you do come opening weekend and you happen to run into some of our newest characters, be friendly to them. As I recall, my first day of my first season (back in 1999) was terrifying.  ;D

iain robb

Well, then, it's sounding like the first weekend is a good idea.

I promise to try not to scare any of the new cast.

amy

lets be sure to check in here closer to the date and get a roll call going!

iain robb

Alrightee, then. I've bought tickets and made hotel reservations for the first weekend. I'll check back closer to opening day. Looking forward to it!

Lady Christina de Pond

opening weekend is usually my favorite
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari