News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pub Night - Twin Cities!

Started by DeadBishop, May 09, 2008, 12:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Morwen, welcome to the MN boards!  We're an active bunch and love to welcome new people!

As for the pub nights... well, they're kind of random and often spur of the moment.  Keep your eyes peeled on this thread and dive in anytime it's convenient for you. 

My first pub night was frightening since I didn't know anyone but I was welcomed and found lots of new friends.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Sorcha

Welcome Morwen!!
If you're up for short notice...  Some of use will be at Merlins Rest pub tonight for the monthy Scotch Tasting and to celebrate Toarmod's birthday. 
Check out the Scotch Tasting thread and www.MerlinsRest.com

groomporter

There's also a MNRF band playing at Merlin's Rest every Tuesday night and my wife and I are usually there, along with some other fest participants who show up although this Tuesday we're going to see another MNRF band at a bar in St Paul called the Half Time Rec http://www.halftimerec.com/
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

festmum

I'll have to have my own Pub Night in Nashville tonight!!!  Anybody want to fly down and join me? :'(

groomporter

Went to hear Bedlam at the Half-time Rec last night, they've got a Tuesday night gig at least through the end of the month.

The Rec has been remodeled with the stage at one end now, and according to the signs they've become mainly a country music venue. Patty our favorite waitress/bartender is still working there woohoo! and they have mini dago sandwiches 3 for $5.00, and small frozen pizzas. It was also great to come home without smelling like an ash tray since the smoke was one of the big problems of the old Rec.

Capt. Bacardi

So who is up for the Fig's Fri night. I will be out there after 9, have to work that night first....  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

groomporter

Quote from: groomporter on June 11, 2008, 08:02:17 AM
Went to hear Bedlam at the Half-time Rec last night, they've got a Tuesday night gig at least through the end of the month.

Bedlam has had it's gig at the Rec extended through July, there are more MNRF people showing up every week. And yes they do actually start playing a 8pm or shortly thereafter (They often didn't start until 9:30 at Merlin's)

Toarmod

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on June 17, 2008, 02:30:08 PM
So who is up for the Fig's Fri night. I will be out there after 9, have to work that night first....  ;D

Looks like I have to work Sat morning so no Fig's fer me  >:( I might  be out to Merlins on Fri fer a bit though.

festmum

Quote from: Capt. Bacardi on June 17, 2008, 02:30:08 PM

Wish I could be there.  Have one and SING one for me!  I'll be in Nashvegas with friends raising one for you guys.  Heck, I might even give you a telephone buzz....

divapixie

Not going to be down that way now till Monday so no Fig's for me.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Leyla

Are we about ready for another pub night yet?  Maybe it just seems extra long since I haven't been able to go in forever!
Maybe this Thursday or Friday, or next week Thurs/Fri sometime?

Morwen Twilight

Any of those sounds good to me. I'm coming off the high of faire and Con and wouldn't mind some more time spent with people other than myself.
Hair weaving pirate wench
Quartermistress of the Vicious Vixen

Welcome to the Feudal System, where your count votes

DeadBishop

Perhaps Thursday night this week?  Any takers?

R/F.com member since 2003

Kiss-me-Kate

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Marietta Graziella

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.